Fitness Boxing for Nintendo Switch

Options
lilithsrose
lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
edited January 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Fitness Boxing for the Nintendo Switch just came out on Friday . There is a demo version that you can download for free that includes a 3 day trial. I tested it out last night and I was able to work up quite a sweat after playing a few rounds.

The game teaches you the standard stance and movements in boxing. It presents them in a way that is very similar to DDR. There are a ton of upbeat, modern pop songs that play in the background as you try to match your punches to to the symbols on the screen at the correct time. Its a bit difficult, but it was definitely fun. I can see myself actually playing this on a daily basis for a little cardio. I'm considering purchasing the full version in a few months when it drops in price.

Has anyone else tried this yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that one, but I've tried a VR version that is pretty good. It gets your heart rate up. If you are doing it just for cardio I think it's great. If you want to learn how to box, I suggest taking some classes so an instructor can teach you proper form. Then it will make those home workouts much more effective without risk of injury.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    I know my form wasn't great. I can't afford any actual classes right now though, so I was thinking of watching some Youtube videos to try to make my form better if I decide to actually purchase the game.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Switch, but love this technology. I have a XBox with Kinect and used various fitness programs over the years with great success.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I don't have a Switch, but love this technology. I have a XBox with Kinect and used various fitness programs over the years with great success.

So mad Xbox decided to drop support for the Kinect.
  • lilithsrose
    Options

I didn't even know Xbox dropped Kinect support. I never had the Kinect. I do agree that this technology is cool though. Another great game is Beat Saber for Playstation VR or Oculus. It gets the blood pumping.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »

I didn't even know Xbox dropped Kinect support. I never had the Kinect. I do agree that this technology is cool though. Another great game is Beat Saber for Playstation VR or Oculus. It gets the blood pumping.

That right there is my addiction. I play it every day.
  • lilithsrose
    Options

The Oculus Version is better in my opinion. You can download all sorts of songs for free. The Playstation version is a lot more restricted due to copyright laws and whatever. I don't have access to either version on a regular basis, sadly. My friend has the Playstation version and plays daily.

• mom23mangos
    Options

The Oculus Version is better in my opinion. You can download all sorts of songs for free. The Playstation version is a lot more restricted due to copyright laws and whatever. I don't have access to either version on a regular basis, sadly. My friend has the Playstation version and plays daily.

I wondered how they were going to do the Playstation version, It just seems it would be bad. I have an Oculus. My favorite mapper is BennydaBeast. You can't go wrong with any of his songs.