Insanity Workout Journey

Options
Hi all,
I'm attempting the Insanity programme for the second time. Last time I made it to 30 days and had to stop.
Planning to update my progress here :) would be lovely for others to join me.
I lead quite a busy life and I travel a lot for work so scheduling is going to be tough, but I'll do my best!
Did the Fit Test this morning.

Results:
Switch kicks 100
Power jacks 42
Power knee 80
Power jumps 24
Globe jumps 8
Suicide jumps 15
Push up jacks 19
Low plank oblique 46

Feel free to join me in your own journeys!

Wooly x

Replies

• WoolyUnlimited
    WoolyUnlimited Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Did Plyometric Cardio Circuit this morning. I had originally planned to do it within an hour of getting up, however I've found that I'm neither hydrated enough, nor has my breakfast gone down so the new plan is:

8am: up and breakfast (banana, yoghurt & blueberries)
    9am: work for an hour (from home)
    10am: insanity
    11:30am: back to work

It worked well today and yesterday.

When I woke this morning I was noticeably a little achey but nothing too bad, it just felt like I'd had a good kickboxing session the day before - something I do on a regular basis.

I survived the warm up, which is something that I had previously (last year) had to stop during. Took my heart rate at the end of the warm up, before stretching, it was 189!

The circuits were a welcome familiarity - I've definitely missed this programme. Note to self: pee before starting!

I was surprised at my ability to do the level 1 drills (4 push ups, 8 runners, stand up, repeat), my strength isn't too compromised.

I struggled with my living room floor though - it's too slippery, and from experience I won't do insanity bare foot, I tried using some mats but they also slid around so it's back to the drawing board to see how I can modify my space to not have to worry about it. In and Out Abs are considerably harder when your feet slip back!

It was great to get back into it. I'm waiting for a replacement disc of Power & Resistance to turn up in the post today, if it doesn't then I'll be switching the programme around a little and I'll do Pure Cardio tomorrow in the hope that P & R has arrived by Thursday!

Feel free to jump in and tell me about how you're getting on with it!

Wx