Bariatric Patient

Options
I had the gastric sleeve done a year and a half ago. I am just wondering who else out there has had weight loss surgery and is using this app.

Replies

• heather_dubya
    heather_dubya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just sleeved 12/21
  • Candy1973
    Candy1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had an RNY bypass done about 8 years ago. Got to my goal weight but over the past two years have regained close to 60 pounds.
  • Kahunacrystal74
    Kahunacrystal74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I just had VSG 4 weeks ago and have found this app to be pretty helpful so far but definitely looking for a support system here. I have a great one at home but would love to make some friends going through similar situations as myself.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve 4 years ago. Combined with that and my own weight loss prior I lost a total of 225lbs. Over the last 4 I’ve gained back around 25-30 and am working on relosing what I gained. It’s tough!!
  • aoGabby
    aoGabby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had RNY last year in June and I use this app daily. Very helpful
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Almost 6 years I had the VSG done and almost 5 ago I had a tummy tuck done for all the skin from losing 180 lbs. I began falling off track 3-4 years ago not long after the tummy tuck and have proceeded to regain 80 lbs. Very recently, through significant life events that have not been good, I have finally found out why I struggled so much. I am back to MFP; as it turns out my impulse control center in my brain isn't functioning properly (never has) and because of that I have been diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety, depression, 2 eating disorders, and some addiction issues. I started medication and therapy about 2 weeks ago and w're still in the lengthy trial and error phase and I can say it appears to be helping a bit so far as I have not had an urge to binge which would result in painful purge.

Basically the TL; DR is I'm saying don't beat yourself up if you feel like you're failing and going the wrong way at any point, and don't be afraid to seek help, because you never know it is possible there are things outside of your control (like your brain chemistry) that tries hard to go against what you really really want and need :)
  • Jenny6694
    Jenny6694 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for years. It helped me to be accountable and lose 80 pounds on my own, though it took two years. I had the Sleeve Gastrectomy on 12/11/18, and I am still on here to keep myself accountable. :blush:
  • GalleglyT
    GalleglyT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Surgery was 5/1/17. Trying to get back on track and make healthy decisions. Chocolate has taken over my life during the holidays.
  • dunniadanisher
    dunniadanisher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m working towards my bariatric surgery, no date set yet. Need to lose 15 lbs before surgery. Yesterday I joined a gym, worked out today and I also enrolled in a food disorder program to help me change my relationship with food. Start that next week. Im using MFP to track my progress. I’m really going to do it this time because I’m getting too old (53) to carry these 80+ pounds around and I’m so uncomfortable with my body like this! Let’s support one another!