Protein and Carbs

Options
Hi,
I am stock on the same weight or losing just few pounds since a long time and I am wondering maybe I am eating too much protein since I always ate too much and I am on negative numbers all the time on this hahahaha......

Also, I am eating and exercising the same foods and exercises all the time, so I don't know...... I believe I am not doing something correct since I am try to eat my 1200-1500 (1500 on active days) calories everyday and I don't see any great results as I would like too........ Lol!

Also, I am taking some fat burners (naturals like green coffee beans and raspberries) twice per day as directed.....

Any advise. :)

Thanks
Gabeadz

Replies

• DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Are you increasing the resistance/duration of your exercises? Or are you just running through the motions. You have to change up your routine sometimes. Perhaps try dropping your carbs down a bit.
  • gabeadz
    gabeadz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your respond :)

Here is more info about me:
    I started on diet on January 3, 2012. My weight was 156.4. I started with the special K challenge and I lost around 7 pounds, then I just try to eat healthier. On June, I bought a diet plan from a Weight Clinic on Grupon for 6 weeks, so from 149 pounds I went down to 140. While I was attending to this program, I was eating the right portion I had to, like my salad, vegetables, fruit, wheats, and proteing along B12 shots and fat burners. I did maintain my weight for long time but then I started gaining weight again. Since April 2013 I tried to start eating well again and went to weight loss clinic again and started tracking my calories here. My weight now is around 133.5.

The problem is I have been loosing weight so slow since June. On June 11, my weight was 134, June 5 it was 136, June 11, it was 134.6, June 13 - 135.2, July 7- 134.6. On July 19 I started with a fat burner pills, by July 25 my weight was 132.2, on July 30 - 133.2, Aug 6 133.4.

My Carbs reports, for the last 90 days, shows less than 188g, mostly less than 150g, and for the Proteins, the reports shows some days more than 90g, but mostly more than 70g.

I do cardio (elliptical) for 30 mintures, some abs, and then some or nothing weight machines twice per week and I always took the stairs at work where my office in the 3rd floor. Usually go down and up these stairs 3 or 4 times per day.

I drink 8-10 glass of water everyday as well

I eat my 3 meals and 2 snacks, usually the same kind of food.....

My BMR is normal and I am size 6 on casual pants and 8 on Jeans.....size Small or Medium on shirts.

My goal is to be on 128-130 and keep this weight, but this is harder I thought and I am really getting tired to this......a mean I am really limiting to a lot of stuff for nothing everyday.... and if I eat one or 2 days bad, I can gain 1-2 pounds immediately...no fair :(

Any suggestion???

Thanks
  • gabeadz
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I drink coffee every morning, 2-3 cups. I remember when I was on the weight loss clinic I could not dring coffee, just decaf coffee.

Any reason for this?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your respond :)

Here is more info about me:
    I started on diet on January 3, 2012. My weight was 156.4. I started with the special K challenge and I lost around 7 pounds, then I just try to eat healthier. On June, I bought a diet plan from a Weight Clinic on Grupon for 6 weeks, so from 149 pounds I went down to 140. While I was attending to this program, I was eating the right portion I had to, like my salad, vegetables, fruit, wheats, and proteing along B12 shots and fat burners. I did maintain my weight for long time but then I started gaining weight again. Since April 2013 I tried to start eating well again and went to weight loss clinic again and started tracking my calories here. My weight now is around 133.5.

The problem is I have been loosing weight so slow since June. On June 11, my weight was 134, June 5 it was 136, June 11, it was 134.6, June 13 - 135.2, July 7- 134.6. On July 19 I started with a fat burner pills, by July 25 my weight was 132.2, on July 30 - 133.2, Aug 6 133.4.

My Carbs reports, for the last 90 days, shows less than 188g, mostly less than 150g, and for the Proteins, the reports shows some days more than 90g, but mostly more than 70g.

I do cardio (elliptical) for 30 mintures, some abs, and then some or nothing weight machines twice per week and I always took the stairs at work where my office in the 3rd floor. Usually go down and up these stairs 3 or 4 times per day.

I drink 8-10 glass of water everyday as well

I eat my 3 meals and 2 snacks, usually the same kind of food.....

My BMR is normal and I am size 6 on casual pants and 8 on Jeans.....size Small or Medium on shirts.

My goal is to be on 128-130 and keep this weight, but this is harder I thought and I am really getting tired to this......a mean I am really limiting to a lot of stuff for nothing everyday.... and if I eat one or 2 days bad, I can gain 1-2 pounds immediately...no fair :(

Any suggestion???

Thanks

I drink caffiene .... all day .... every day. It never stopped me from losing weight.

"Fat Burners" ........these are not proven. The vast majority of people here (losing weight) .... do not use fat burners.

Fluctuation of weight ..... up one day, down the next. This is life .... if you ate higher sodium the day before .... it's water weight. If you are doing strength training, sore muscles will hold water. Time of the month ..... you will hold water. DON'T depend upon the scale. How do your clothes fit?

BMR = basal metabolic rate ...... calories your body requires if you stayed in bed all day. Don't eat below this number, or a portion of your weight loss will be muscle.

Carbs vs. Protien vs. Fat ...... this is about nutrition .... not weight loss. It really is calories in vs. calories out. You could lose weight on an all junk food diet (if the calories were low enough) .... you just wouldn't be very healthy.

When you have less than 10 pounds left to lose, weight loss is painfully slow ..... like 1/2 pound a week.

Just measure/weigh your portions. Log everything that goes into your mouth. Exercise ..... maybe change it up .... your body may be too used to your routine. Eat (at least) a portion of your exercise calories back ..... just be careful because MFP & many machines over estimate calorie burns.
  • gabeadz
    Options
    Thank you again for your respond :)

I am 5.4 tall. And yes, I usually weight my food, well when is fish, chicken, or meat, beans, etc.....but of course, not all the time :(

Yes, I guess you are right about the scale, since I am getting so fustrated about it :(

Yes, I am tracking all the cream and I use splenda for that, not regular sugar.....
  • gabeadz
    Options
    Thank you for your info TeaBea :)

You are so right!....... I will tried to change my exercise routine and add another different activity :)

Gabeadz