Looking for people to form a group with 150 pounds plus to lose

Options
So I’m 36 with 3 kids, and morbidly obese. I have around 190 pounds to lose and would like a few similar people to help me form a motivational group ( I also have health conditions so I won’t lose quickly) :).

Replies

• ckh825
    ckh825 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Christy, I am 42 with 3 kids as well. I am on the same road as you. We can do this!!!! Come on I will be your cheerleader!!!
  • obesebettie
    obesebettie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Christy :). Thanks for the friend request, I’m a bit unsure how to use this app yet but I’m getting there lol
  • cgriggs1524
    cgriggs1524 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids and I could stand to lose about 80! Its affecting my daily life, Im so exhausted but im gonna need help 😩
  • jcrisaf702
    jcrisaf702 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40 lbs and I know how hard it is. I wish you all the best. You will succeed!
  • MsShelfay
    MsShelfay Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least 200 pounds. Im starting to have major back pain and hard of breathing when trying to walk now. I know I can lose the weight but just have a hard time getting motivated. Everytime I start to work out again and eating healthy.i back slide from all the pain I'm going thru. Looking a buggy so we can do this!
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to be apart of a motivational group. I am 26 years old and I need to lose at least 140 pounds.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this conversation.

I am committed to losing 120 pounds by the end of 2020. Sixty pounds per year. This math means losing five pounds a month. This is an realistic and achievable goal for me and I welcome support, particularly over time.

There is an option to create a Public Group Forum (link: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1000372-how-do-i-create-a-group-) which may have better features to support members. Your thoughts?
  • kaygirl1730
    kaygirl1730 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. I needed to lose 160 pounds, I lost 100 and now I can't lose and terrified of gaining it all back. I'd love to be someone's cheerleader and get some motivation and support as well. Ok 2019 we got this!
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm quite a bit along the path of losing 220 pounds.

I started here at 367.8. This morning I was 174.8. I still need to lose 15-30 pounds, figure out how to build muscle, ramp up to a gym routine, and master lifetime maintenance - so I'm nowhere near done yet! I welcome friend invites (I'm a trifle shy about sending invites unless people explicitly request them.)

You can do this! And if you start feeling like it's hopelessly too much, remember that each chunk of weight you lose is fabulous and energizing and motivating and makes moving so much easier. You'll reap rewards all along the way, you don't have to wait til you're done for it to be great.
  • TabbyLynne78
    TabbyLynne78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and I have 3 kids. I have 120 pounds left to lose. My doctor referred me to surgery for gastric bypass but when the surgical doc told me I would have to eat a low carb diet pretty much forever after the surgery and that I may experience a lot of different issues with stuff etc I decided to just skip the surgery and go low carb. I would love to join your group. 😊
  • rdale8209
    rdale8209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm a 31 year old single mom of two. I need to lose 120 or so but 120 for now. I do plan on having the gastric sleeve done in April, if that disqualifies me then no problem but I'm a great cheerleader!
  • devriesna
    devriesna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m 32 with 4 kids and need to lose 150lbs. I work night shift and am always out of breath running up and down the stairs at work. I tried to start today and it was going great until night time when I’m the most awake, I fell off the wagon already. I think it’s because I still don’t feel like I can do it after multiple tries. I think a motivational group with people who have similar goals would be a great start.
  • obesebettie
    obesebettie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks for the replies :). Feel free to add me as a friend or to start the group above :) is there a way to get notifications when people comment on here? I didn’t even know I had replies!
    I have an under active thyroid, pcos and take meds that cause weight gain so my weight loss is usually very slow, however I changed my thyroid meds two weeks ago and this week I lost 9.5 pounds 😮. I’m still in shock tbh.
    Exercise is really hard for me and I imagine others who have a lot of weight to shift,what would you suggest we could do to start with ?
  • TabbyLynne78
    TabbyLynne78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mom lost 250lbs. I’m passing along her suggestions....
    Swimming is a great option if you have access to a pool. It keeps the impact of your weight off your joints. Walking is the best other alternative. It does not matter how slow you go. Work your way up in small increments to a minimum of 45 minutes of walking a day. Once you can do that comfortably increase your time, speed, and distance until you are at 5 miles a day. (5 miles is 10,000 steps on a Fitbit)