Plastic and polyester makes you ADHD, sick, and obese

Options

Replies

• mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    In to watch this one go totally off the rails...

It didn't really start out on the rails.....

More importantly, what are the rails made of?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    In to watch this one go totally off the rails...

It didn't really start out on the rails.....

More importantly, what are the rails made of?

PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

001.jpg
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Well, reading that was more eye opening than my coffee.

Frankly, I think my coffee makes far more sense.

That's because your mug has plastic in it.

Hmmm... I'll have to look it up to see if there's plastic in china.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I can think of plenty of reasons to not wear polyester.

None of them are listed above.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Please feel free to move this thread should there be a more suitable location.

Recently, I was in a time of great anxiety and stress in my life. I was binge eating, smoking, and feeling and looking like the wars (black rings under my eyes and all), similarly, I had a terrible attention span and had trouble concentrating.

One day while on a reading quest I came across a website that suggested that contact with plastics can cause a range of symptoms. Polyester in clothes is possible the biggest culprit - proven side effects of wearing polyester clothing include:
    - ADHD (remember that polester and all plastics are made from petroleum)
    - obesity - polyester emits formaldehyde, which is absorbed into the skin (some suggest that the effect is greater through skin absoption than if the product were directly swallowed because of the porous, matter-retaining nature of the skin). Formaldehyde is a potent appetite stimulant
    - cancer - simply google "polyester and breast cancer" or "polyeste cancer connection" for that matter and the results will shock you
    - horrible skin (this one is a personal view, however I do attribute my horrid skin at the time to my wearing polyester clohting).
    -insomnia and subsequent oversleeping

I subsequently stopped wearing anything containing polyester, and I felt great. I can now concentrate for hours on a single task, my hunger pains are gone, my skin looks fresh and healthy and I feel great, and productive. I went from falling asleep at 12 midnight (with horrible insomnia) and waking up at 8:30am to falling asleep at midnight and waking up at 5:30am (and feeling like its the best sleep I've ever had)

How did I go about this you may ask:

- threw out all items of clothing which contained polyester (as per the item's labels)
    - got rid of my horrid polyester bedsheets (and purchased 100% cotton ones)
    - disposed of my polyester backpack (and purchased a canvas one)

Note: even if clothes say "100% cotton" the seams are still polyester, identifiableby the shimer it gives off under light (polyester will shimmer while cotton will always retain a 'dull' lookm even under bright light).

But that wasn't it I'm not done yet. Try to consider that polyester is simply plastic, and contact with any and all plastic will cause the symptoms described.

Other things which I do to reduce my plastic exposure:
    - store all foods and vitamins in pure glass jars
    - Carry my thick 100% cotton chairmat with me wherever I go (in my canvas bag) and plunk it on whatever seat I sit on
    - bought 100% cotton covered goose-feather pillows
    -100% wool jumper/pullover
    - pure cotton underwear (there are many exellent sources available)
    - Use stainless steel or wooden pens (unpolished because polish contain plastic consituents)
    - Use wooden toothbrushes
    - Drink out of glass cups/jars
    -Use a wooden ruler and stainless steel scissors
    - wear canvas shoes
    - buy a pure leather wallet
    - stainless steel trashcan
    - use soap made natural oils (as opposed to shop bought soap which contains petrolum derivates - petroleum been plastic's crudest form)
    - Use a wooden calculator
    - Use a 100% cotton bath-towel
    - Use 500g of baking soda instead of laundry detergent (this is a biggie), I love it when my clothes smell fresh and feel better after been washed purely with baking soda, which in my opinion works better than chemical-based detergents
    -limit use of canned food, which will contain BPA, a plastic-group product (this is worse with acidic foods such as tomato which will leech the BPA, yep, you guessed it - right into your food)

Note: when buying cotton look for the least-coloured products (whcih means less dye, albeit of which is less harmful than plastic, but still pretty bad). Some will say that cotton is grown with chemicals which it is, however these are washed off the first time you wash the product (as opposed to polyester fabric which stays as is of course.

"Wait a minute!" you're thinking "Is this guy a nutter?". Call it as you will,

all I can say is that 've removed 95% of the plastics from my life (in the process of removing the final 5%) and feel amazing. I feel fresh, healthy and just really... good. Quite possible the best I've ever felt.

I understand that some people will be quick to refute my statements. Be that as it may. I've cut plastic out of my life and feel.. "bloody excellent". I feel like I've recaptured a spark in my life that's been missing for a very very long time.

Related google searche Ctrl-C/Ctrl-Vs (most backed by peer-reviewed studies):
    BPA ADHD
    BPA cancer
    BPA lowers IQ
    Plastic ADHD
    Plastic lowers IQ
    Plastic infertility'
    BPA infertility
    Plastic breast cancer
    Plastic xenoestroens
    Plastic obesity
    Plastic weight gain
    Plastic formaldehyde - formaldehyde appetite stimulation
    Polyester formaldehyde
    Polyester insomnia

So you basically replaced your smoking, and eating addictions with a fear of plastic addiction. Sweet, can't wait until you pick up a crack addiction, and follow that up with a jesus addiction. You feel better, because you cut the crappy stuff out of your life, not because you got rid of plastic.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You're going to need something stronger than coffee to make sense of the OP.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Of course there is. Don't be silly.

nova_ChinaMan_450.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This+is+a+parody+of+this+gif+_2c4ca7482afa5c443aaa35ccc00036b3.gif
  • iTrainHARD
    Options
    you need to be a little less obvious to successfully troll a message board
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sFun_IthinkImgoing.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Haha I understand that I may come off as a crazy maverick (like that weird guy who lives in the derelict castle on the edge of the old village who everyone says has lost it) - however I believe my statements to be factual. From another person's shoes I would probably think myself a but crazy also. lulz

living in a derelict castle on the edge of an old village is eccentric.

avoiding all plastic because of pseudoscience is whacko. certain kinds of plastic have health risks, I'd say if it's banned by the EU then probably better to avoid it. Otherwise don't stress.

If you like to stress about the harmful effects of plastic or other modern substances, then also stress about the effects of metal in your life. There are metals that explode on contact with water and metals that are radioactive. And metals that if you swallow them slowly poison you from the inside.

In fact, why stop at metal. Flint (and other rock that's suitable for being made into stone tools) has only been used by humans and almost-humans for 2.5 million years. That isn't very long in evolutionary terms, and you know what, inhaling the tiny particles of flint that get in the air from flint knapping can give you a nasty lung disease, so I think probably it would be better to also avoid all stone age technology too, and we should all just climb back into the trees and eat fruit and insects and the occasional small mammal like chimpanzees do.

Oh wait, that's dangerous too. You might fall out of a tree....

danger, danger, everywhere!!!! What to do...? what to doooooo.......???

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

^ I think this gif sums up my position pretty succinctly. :yawn:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this OP is the same one who talked about eating bark, eating bugs and trying to log it as a meatball? :ohwell:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

nova_ChinaMan_450.jpg
    hahaha, awesome!
    Methinks it does what it says on the tin. The username says it all.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    you missed my more recent post on this topic. Everything is dangerous. We should just cease to exist, lest something cause us harm.
    panic-at-the-picnic.jpg?w=300
    True story. Being alive has a 100% mortality rate.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Once again, I am relieved to know that nothing is my fault. At this rate, I will be able to punch babies and puppies in the face, and blame it on proximity to baby powder and flea collars. I couldn't be more pleased. *plans rampage*
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Once again, I am relieved to know that nothing is my fault. At this rate, I will be able to punch babies and puppies in the face, and blame it on proximity to baby powder and flea collars. I couldn't be more pleased. *plans rampage*

You haven't lived until you've punched a small child in the face, it's exhilarating!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You haven't lived until you've punched a small child in the face, it's exhilarating!
    I can't believe how RUDE everyone on this site is.

We're all here for the same reason.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I can't believe how RUDE everyone on this site is.

We're all here for the same reason.

Then I guess we must all be here for the consequence-free baby punching!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

nova_ChinaMan_450.jpg

Well... you lost me right there. I prefer to be silly. My sister might well suggest that I've never been anything else.