squats

I have all my personal information logged on here. weight, goal i want to reach and how active i am. when i go to record the squats i have done, it states that 1 minute of them burns 111 calories but this just sounds too good to be true. Is that correct due to my weight or ??? I’m now really worried I haven’t been burning what i think i have

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I would not record strength training. It's not accurate
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I have all my personal information logged on here. weight, goal i want to reach and how active i am. when i go to record the squats i have done, it states that 1 minute of them burns 111 calories but this just sounds too good to be true. Is that correct due to my weight or ??? I’m now really worried I haven’t been burning what i think i have

No, that's not right at all
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I wonder where you see this? When I search the database I don't get an entry for squats.
  • believermill
    believermill Posts: 2 Member
    y2jbnpr4nv22.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member

Not even close...probably something like 5 at the most. Nothing burns 100+ plus in a minute. 10 net calories per minute is a fairly vigorous cardio workout.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Sounds legit.

Guess I burnt over 10,000 cals this morning instead of maybe 150.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Not sure how much weight factors in, but at 200 lbs I guess I'm 100 cals for 30 mins of lifting. And that may be generous.
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    I only log actual calories burned for cardio from my HR monitor. I enter weight training as exercise but only log 1 calorie for it. At my deficit, I can't afford to overestimate calorie burn so that's what works for me.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I still can't figure out where you see that. I just looked in the cardio section and searched "Squats" and nothing came up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I still can't figure out where you see that. I just looked in the cardio section and searched "Squats" and nothing came up.

Good point, OP must have created the entry themselves