8 Pounds Down in 20 Days, Is That Good?

124»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    This actually does clear something up. Those first 3 lbs on the second day? Water weight. So we can discard that and confidently say you've lost 5 lbs of fat in the last 20 days, or a little over 1.5 lbs/week. That's still high, but not outrageous. The days you had a weight change are actually meaningless taken individually. It's only the weekly average over time that matters.
  • mithion
    mithion Posts: 78 Member
    So if I go on this new 1.5lbs lost per week and stay at or close to the new daily calorie goal of 2130 and stop eating under, wether it’s from actually eating under or from exercise, I will continues to lose the weight in a healthier way?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited January 2019
    mithion wrote: »
    So if I go on this new 1.5lbs lost per week and stay at or close to the new daily calorie goal of 2130 and stop eating under, wether it’s from actually eating under or from exercise, I will continues to lose the weight in a healthier way?

Judging by the data so far, if you had been eating your exercise calories, you'd probably be good to go. But 20 days is not a lot of data to go on, so keep an eye on your actual rate of loss.

OP, there's a handy chart showing the ideal rate of loss depending on how much you have to lose. If I remember right, it's something like, less than 20 lbs to lose, .5 lb/week; 20-50, 1 lb/week; 50-75, 1.5 lbs/week, greater than 75 lbs, 2 lbs/week. Just keep in mind, the goal is to preserve that lean muscle mass :)