Diet Fiction Movie

I just watched this movie and one word..... WOW! This movie really opened my eyes. I hope you guys get to watch it. It’s incredible the moment of information provided. This movie hit on facts and clears up a TON of misinformation that’s out there about various diets, fitness, supplements and etc. I highly recommend it.

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Uggh - no TY. Watched the preview - and no. BIG FUD WANTZ TO K1LL US.
  • lucyeponce
    lucyeponce Posts: 19 Member
    Ummm, yeah that’s not what it’s about but to each their own.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    I saw some, did not finish. Honestly? I found it about the same as some other food based documentaries: full of opinion, does not back up a lot of 'facts' with actual evidence, and sometimes says things that don't make sense or don't match up with current research, from what I have read.

Is there some truth in there? Sure. But some things that seemed very agenda based, as well.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Documentaries are entertainment. They are not required to tell you the whole story, they are not even required to tell you the truth. They usually start with an agenda and then go looking for anecdotes and data that support it, while ignoring anecdotes and data that disagree. Then they over dramatize everything to get you emotionally invested.

If a documentary gets you thinking about something so that you do research via well vetted sources, that's great. But don't make up your mind based on a movie.