Anxiety/Stress Dreams....

Options
OllyReeves
OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
What's your standard anxiety Dream?

I have two depending on what's going on.

Firstly, if I feel like things are out of control and I've got no influence over what's going on in my life, I have this dream where I'm driving a coach, and the brakes don't work properly. So I'll be standing on the brake pedal and it's only barely slowing down. Just thinking about it now makes me feel stressed!

The other one if I'm stressed or worried about something, I will be about to go on stage (I do a lot of acting) and I won't know my lines. Depending on how stressed I am, sometimes I don't know when I'm supposed to enter or exit, and in extreme cases I don't even know what play I'm doing! Weird! And stressful lol

What are your recurring stress dreams?

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I dream that I am back in school and can't remember my locker combination and that I will be late for class.
  • littlelawson83
    Options
    I dream that I'm in school but don't know what class I am going to next and don't have my timetable. Dreamt it last night actually!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I am a walking ball of anxiety and stress! I have tons of recurring bad dreams. :(

I will dream that my teeth are stuck together and I can't open my mouth to speak.

I dream that alligators are trying to eat me.

I have zombie dreams. The only way to get away from them is to climb/ get on the roof of the house.

Lots of dreams where I am trying to escape from something. Secret agent style, where I have to run and hide and find a way to get free.

Car dreams, where I forget how to drive or the car doesn't work right.

When I was a kid I always had the same dream that my bedroom was filled with water. My bed would be floating and the water was full of sharks, alligators and all the other scary water creatures.

There are more but I am gunna stop now cus this is starting to look sad. :| heh
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I know I had one when I wake up and have to put the sheets in the laundry machine.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed I have dreams about trying to get somewhere on time and being continually delayed so I never get to where I need to be. I can actually feel the stress building in the dream every time I hit a road block.
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I also dream about losing my teeth :/ I am always complimented on them so I would hate to lose them!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    What's your standard anxiety Dream?

I have two depending on what's going on.

Firstly, if I feel like things are out of control and I've got no influence over what's going on in my life, I have this dream where I'm driving a coach, and the brakes don't work properly. So I'll be standing on the brake pedal and it's only barely slowing down. Just thinking about it now makes me feel stressed!

My anxiety also often manifest in driving dreams. Usually I'm driving through a busy intersection and BAM I suddenly go blind. Pitch black. Total panic as I can't see where I'm going and don't want to crash! You are so not alone, hon!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    I dream that I'm in school but don't know what class I am going to next and don't have my timetable. Dreamt it last night actually!

i have similar. Im usually back in high school or college and either forgot my locker combination or forgot to show up at a class for an entire semester only to find out i have to take the final or i just cant find my way around the school.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    flying: all of a sudden i start to rise, don't know what is happening, then i am hundreds of feet up in the air, omg i'm gonna fall and die...

driving: this car is driving itself! wtf?? i am gonna die...

teeth: they are falling out! painlessless and bloodlessly, but my teeth are now gone!!

intruder: someone has broken into my room, it's totally dark, i can't see, and i'm paralyzed, can't move or scream. i hope he just wants to steal my stuff...
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I used to have the dream of my teeth falling out quiet often. Thank goodness, since my divorce, that dream no longer exists :happy:
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have work related stress/anxiety dreams. The usual setup is that I've received my patient assignments (I'm a nurse), but then I can't find my patients. During the dream, my shift passes really quickly, while I'm looking for my patients and becoming increasingly panicked that I haven't seen them yet.
    Also, since becoming a hospice nurse, I have dreamed a couple of times that I pronounced a patient, and then, when the funeral director arrived, the patient wasn't actually dead. :/
    That's it. I officially have a disturbed mind.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    I have a recurring dream (just last night, again) that I have the ability to fly. All through the dream I'm flying around like no biggie, but I just keep going higher and higher...then suddenly I panic. "WTH am I doing?", then I start to fall.
  • hannah1803
    hannah1803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a seriously bizarre recurring stress dream in which I think I wake up to find that the person next to me isn't in fact my fiancé but is someone highly inappropriate to be naked next to I.e. my boss, my mum, my dad, a colleague etc. I then slyly tuck the duvet all around myself (this part actually happens) and then sneak out of bed on my hands and knees to find clothes. I often wake up dressed when I went to sleep in the nud! Weird, huh?! Even weirder is that a close friend recently confessed to having strange stress dreams... And it's exactly the same as this!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm always at some hotel (always a different swanky hotel in a different location) and I am attending some sort of conference, and there is a catered lunch. And I am STARVING. But I can't sit down and eat because people keep coming up and talking to me and I'm trying to be polite and "network", but I'm just staring at this delicious fancy food being served at the tables around me, and then, the horror: I watch as the waiters come to pick up the food and take it away. Only once all the tables are cleared do I get away from the people talking to me... it's too late, all the food is gone. I missed out. I spend the rest of the dream on a wild goose chase trying to find a waiter so I can get some food, and weird stuff happens, like I get chased my giant spiders or get have to climb a mountain in the middle of winter or something strange. I never get the food. I never get the satisfaction. I never win.

I think this dream is about me coming close to some goal in my life and feeling it is still out of reach, even if I want it so bad!

I've been having nightmares since my surgery last year, this is the only reoccurring one.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I was having dreams of demons attacking or lurking around me very often recently. Would wake up and feel them or see them in the shadows too.

Didn't like that at all.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    I have these awful dreams that the MFP newsfeed is down for maintenance. Stresses me out like crazy.