70g Protein a day how to increase?

Options
Hi, I'd love some advice, I'm a34 year old female 163lbs with a good amount of muscle but looking to build lean muscle. I've looked at my macros and I tend to average 75g of protein a day, I'm aware this needs to be more. I eat 1600 calories a day and like sweet stuff, any advice on healthily upping my protein?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Besides meat and supplements consider beans, seeds (chia, hemp), peas, edemame, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, eggs/egg whites.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love some advice, I'm a34 year old female 163lbs with a good amount of muscle but looking to build lean muscle. I've looked at my macros and I tend to average 75g of protein a day, I'm aware this needs to be more. I eat 1600 calories a day and like sweet stuff, any advice on healthily upping my protein?

i had a quick look in your diary. the most simple solution would be to increase the portion sizes of your protein. you had 100g of chicken and 90g of salmon. reduce the portion size of your carbs a little and have 150g of fish or meat.

having a protein shake as a snack would also be a quick way to add 20-30g pf protein per day.
    This.

I use yoghurts, cheese, shakes and porridge to top up my protein intake.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Absolutely increase protein portions - I tend to go 200gm chicken at a time. Prawns are great for low cal high protein. Eggs
    For non meat options the above and lentils are also great
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I might add a protein shake then, I guess I figured halo top would count but the protein isn't enough!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I eat 1650 calories a day and aim for 130g of protein. I eat:

Chicken (lots and lots of chicken)
    Greek yogurt
    Babybells
    Protein bars
    Cottage cheese
    Protein pancakes (omg these are delicious!)
    Protein bagels (I use the 2 ingredient protein bagel recipe. Very good)
    Nuts
    Eggs (eggs and more eggs)

I usually don't have much of an issue hitting the 130g with these foods