Importing Blogged Recipes and

Options
Panini911
Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
Almost all of the recipes i use are from blogs. but the format makes it impossible to use the recipe importer (using link) which is annoying.

Anyone happen to have a trick for this or is it a lost cause? Yes I can copy paste the ingredients, which I do, but it's nice to have the link to the actual recipe right there for future references.

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Yeah I find this annoying. I just don't think the recipe builder is sophisticated enough to pick out the important recipe information in a large blog post.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Yeah I find this annoying. I just don't think the recipe builder is sophisticated enough to pick out the important recipe information in a large blog post.

I know and these days most recipes are blogged :P some blogs the print version button works, but other sites it does not help :P
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I never thought about this... I often wondered why some links didn't work.

Sadly, if the good folks at MFP have never seen fit to make our recipes searchable, I doubt there will be a fix for this anytime soon.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    you copy and paste it into the builder and then edit as necessary.

every dinner i make just about is through the recipe builder and blogged recipes.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    If you would like to keep the link then I think you have to link it, delete all the text, and copy/paste the actual recipe. It's a huge hassle, but the only solution I can think of. Anymore I just bookmark the blogpost and type in the recipe.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    There was a very long stickied thread in the Suggestions/Feedback forum full of complaints about the recipe builder. Alex basically unstickied it and said there were no plans to implement any fixes at this time.

I've always had better luck using the old recipe builder https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator and adding items one at a time.