Pregnancy and healthy eating and exercise

Hello my name is shabilla I’m 30 years old and 15 weeks pregnant. I need help with healthy eating as I want a healthy pregnancy. Is there anybody in the same boat as me???

Replies

• NatalieHarr1993
    NatalieHarr1993 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm 20 weeks pregnant & TRYING my best to eat healthy. Its so hard with cravings but I try to make healthy substitutes.
  • shabilla88
    shabilla88 Posts: 7 Member
    Aww nice to know I’m not alone . I’ve gone off meat and chicken. My first 3 months I was eating junk food now I want to get into gear and try lose some weight I don’t mind my belly getting bigger but arms legs face and things I can try . Also healthy eating is better healthier mind and will make pregnancy easier .?im 15 weeks today 😊how are you finding pregnancy???
  • nln121
    nln121 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! 11 weeks here. I think I’m seeing a bump! Hoping to stay lean throughout pregnancy as well! I haven’t had many cravings but am certainly eating a bit more than usual... trying to pull it back early before I get out of hand...
  • lovenicky714
    lovenicky714 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey there! 23 weeks pregnant and in the same boat! Does anyone know if there are any settings for the tracker that reflect goals during pregnancy? (EX: Increased micronutrients)
  • shabilla88
    I felt quite selfish thinking about weight gain and things and not giving into bad choices I thought I’m being selfish. I think eating healthy keeps you mentally well to especially if you’ve not got good self image plus baby will get goodness from the healthy food . I’m 11 st plus already I’m 15 weeks but was chubby to start with .currently a bit scared as I had little fall missed a step on the stairs and fell on my bottom thank god only 1 step. Pray nothing happens please I’ll be devastated 😢😢😢.oh pregnant women follow slimming world you know so eating healthy must be good but I’m sure we should eat 300 extra calories or something. Good luck guys xxx
  • geishatrash
    geishatrash Posts: 4 Member
    Same boat - 6 weeks today. Was distraught at xmas because I hit my highest weight ever after having a term of sickness (and had to take steroids for about two months, which just made me starving). Started counting shortly after and worried why I lost some immediately and then started piling it back on a couple of hundred grams a day - blam! Preggers! I'm just hoping not to gain anything at all in the first two trimesters. I don't know if that's overly realistic or not.
  • lovenicky714
    lovenicky714 Posts: 2 Member
    @geishatrash I don't know if not gaining at all in the first two trimesters is completely realistic, but some people barely gain anything, so who knows!

In response to my prior post - There are no settings for pregnant people; we have to customize based on our own needs/what the doctor tells us.

What I am trying to focus on at the moment: 1. Move every day (dance, walk, pilates, yoga). 2. Reflect on cravings to figure out what my body really needs. 3. Realize this is all a journey and being perfect is unreasonable.

Good luck to everyone suffering through nausea in the first trimester! Just remember that it gets better! (Well, hopefully!)
  • shabilla88
    @geishatrash hello congrats on your pregnancy firstly. I spoke to a slimming world rep on Wednesday I rejoin on Friday.I asked if she’d seen any pregnant ladies lose weight while at slimming world . She said she has had ladies there by the end of their pregnancy lighter than before pregnancy and then she’s had some ladies that have just not put alot of weight on, so less to lose after baby.we will carry the weight of the baby amniotic fluid. Water weight. Placenta and after birth.ill keep you all updated on my progress at slimming world. I just want to learn about good foods and to feel healthy. Right now reaching out to anything easy and in sight. 😘😘😘