60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :)Steve, I found out a few years ago when my husband was in the hospital out of town, that walking was a stress reliever. The poor dogs had no idea why we walked so long and so often. It doesn't surprise me that you would find walking to be a stress reliever. Much better than eating.

:)j29t it sounds like you made a very healthy decision and have the right attitude to go with it. It reminds me to be grateful for all the advantages I have in my present living situation. Staying safe is important.

:) Another friend is driving to my house this morning to go on a mid morning walk. We have done this every Sunday morning for a long time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Steve, I found out a few years ago when my husband was in the hospital out of town, that walking was a stress reliever. The poor dogs had no idea why we walked so long and so often. It doesn't surprise me that you would find walking to be a stress reliever. Much better than eating.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I am still eating a little more than I should. At least the walking keeps the weight gain from getting out of control.

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! How ya all doing? I am good. Planted seeds in the front and put bark down I am tired but it’s a good tired I am sitting out in the yard with my cat he is on a harness and leash. The neighbors in back are having a good time music laughing and I’m sure there’s food. I have to water still then going in and shower and jammies. It has been a good day have a great evening everyone! Stay healthy 🌹🦋🌷💖🤓

That's cool I take my ndoor cat out on a a harness and leash too my kids think I am crazy!
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi, how is everyone doing? I'm doing okay. Yesterday I needed to call my doctor about a Rx refill. The office set up a virtual appointment time and sent me the link. Opened the link and spoke with the tech for vital review and waited until my Dr. came online. This was a first for me and it was so much easier than the traditional office visit.
    Eating good, moving for my mind and body and staying well. Two days ago it was close to 80 degrees last night I covered up the lettuce from freezing temps and change of snow. Cold and rain now. Maybe some sun later today, I need it!
    Stay well friends, stay connected. Om....
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)j29t That's very interesting abut the virtual appointment with you health care provider. I know that my husband's doctor told him to not come back to the office until shelter at home had been lifted. We expect sun today even though it is still pretty cool. Our tulips are looking great. It should be beautiful this morning when I walk the dogs.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    bethe wrote: »
    Had a big scare day before last with one of my dogs. She collapsed and I had to run her to the vet after hours. Brought her back home, and she started pooping copious amounts of blood. Stayed up with her most of the night, and got meds for her yesterday morning. She seems to be doing much better now, thank goodness.

Its turns out her digestive tract got torn up by a new mix I got for my bird feeders. I usually only use black oil sunflower seeds and safflower seeds, but I was about out of that. I can't go to my regular store for that because it's in another town that's on sort of lock down. When I went to the local store a few days ago the only thing they had, had chips of dried corn in it. So I loaded up a couple of feeders and didn't think anything of it when some spilled, which was a Big Mistake. What tore her up was the corn - apparently the chips were so sharp, they cut her up inside. The brand is "Nunn Better" - so if you feed birds/squirrels and have dogs that can get to any that lands on the ground, I recommend you stay away from that or anything else with chips of corn in it.

Anyway, all that hysteria put eating properly and walking on the back burner, so I'm going to have to make up for it this next week.

Oh thank goodness she is ok what a terrible thing to happen! Take care of both of you.
  • barbiecat
    edited April 2020
    Options
    :) Yesterday was my much anticipated/dreaded trip to Costco. I dealt with my anxiety by preparing an easy to read and follow shopping list. I reread it so often that I could recite the names of the 15 items in the order that I would get to them in the store. Everything about the store's preparation was excellent. It was fortunate that I had memorized the shopping list because I lost it early on. After all my obsession with dog food, I was limited to only one case so I guess I'll be going back. When I got home I had the sense of relief similar to surviving a visit to the dentist. But now I have TP, Kleenex, wipes, chicken, dish soap, dishwasher soap, Tylenol, vitamin D, and a few other things.

:) It has been important to me to limit my shopping to essentials and shop only at two stores and not often.

:) I am looking forward to a day at home filled with dog walking, dancing, pulling weeds, and riding my exercise bike.

<3bethe so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dog

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! 1. I am not in, from, or near Taneyville. I don't even know where it might be. BUT if you are, please be aware your police department has posted an announcement on their page --> Wear pants when checking your mailbox. We know who you are. 🏡 2. I am dressed with pants, deodorant, and hair brushed. Going to skin doctor. Finding mask and gloves and thick socks - it is 34 degrees here In reference to pants, put them on and turned -- they nearly fell down. Tied them tighter. Not gaining anything here!

LOL - that police post!!! And congrats on the loose pants - oh, wait...
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) Good Morning to all. I not only don't know what day it is, I don't know what month it is, either. Yesterday I found out that a friend had a needed surgery scheduled for April 22 and I thought, "why are they waiting so long to do this almost emergency procedure?" My husband had to tell me that it was April and the surgery was less than a week away. I guess I am really taking things one day at a time.

:) Thursday night there was a bear sighted in our park and we were asked to stay indoors. Fortunately animal control got him/her relocated so it's safe to go out again. Then yesterday morning they sprayed the weeds in the big green fields so I had to avoid walking the dogs on the grass all day. Today should be back to normal except that it's likely to rain. Rain doesn't bother us.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. Planning a new cinder block raised bed garden box for my daughter today. Today's step - gather and stage the materials.

And a walk, of course. The dog needs that every day - and so do I. Have an awesome day, y'all!
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Well I am inside today. It is raining here in Oregon. It didn’t rain all last and this week so the weather people are hollering drought! It has been a fairly dry April. So I am going to be sewing mask today playing in my craft room . I got another flower bed done yesterday and started on another bed. Will have to wait for sunshine to finish that one . Everyone have a great day stay healthy! 🌹🤓🌷🦋
  • n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Checking in, Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. I have been able to go hiking two days in a row, weather was windy & cool one day, but today is great! Lots of walking, yoga and weights/exercise. Eating has been up and down, but feeling okay about it all. Working at the office only 2 days a week has been nice & a stress relief, but added stress while working at home, wondering if I am doing "enough", hard to balance. My son and I are still virus free, only 2 cases in our whole County so far and they have recovered, so no active cases, as of today. So sorry @bethe about your dog, I know that scared you terribly. I am glad they knew quickly what caused it and your Pup is on the mend. I would not know what to do without my Jack.(Labradoodle)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) I just came in from an hour pulling weeds in the back yard. The dogs were out with me, barking at real and imagined people walking by. I was listening to a podcast about self-compassion and being kinder to yourself about productivity and perfectionism. Just what I needed to hear.

:) My husband baked bread and I love eating it so I've had to ramp up my activity to keep up with the extra calories. So far, so good.

<3 Barbie in NW WA