New to MFP and would love to make supportive friends!

Options
I have always had a weight problem and have yo-yo dieted over the years. I am terribly obese and really want to lose one of me. (Yes, I have that much weight to lose.) I am in this for the long haul, as I won't be able to reach my weight goal this year. Right now I am on day 4 of counting calories and it is going okay so far. Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    In my opinion, the first few days are the hardest!! I'm on day 6. I've been an off again on again dieter for the last 10 years! I reached a comfortable weight a couple years ago, but then had 2 babies!!... So I'm back to almost square one lol Day 1 has to start sometime right?!! Why not now?! Keep up the good work :)
  • tadpole90
    tadpole90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with a goal of hiking in Banff in August. Had to make a decision - cancel the trip due to weight and fitness level or do something about it. I almost cancelled. UGH. So, I pulled on some yoga pants, went to Pilates, then Yoga, then back to Pilates. My daughter has inspired me to get on here and track everything, as she does. I need accountability and to share the little successes. My friends are not happy about my Dry January decision but I am keeping to it. So - here I go! Can't wait to see what happens this year. The first days are hard and then BAM - you feel better and drives you to keep going. I'm starting the journey with ya'll and hope we share success!