Trying to fight snacking out of boredom

Options
Feeling kind of bored at work today, so I feel like getting a snack. The truth is that I don't need one.. had enough calories for the day
I've been talking to this guy for the past few years off and on, we started talking via an online app back in 2016. I liked talking to him but started my Master's so lost touch.
After I finished school, I messaged him one day to see how he was, and we talked regularly for 3 months and were planning to meet in person, I was excited because I really liked talking to this guy.
However, he cancelled meeting close to Thanksgiving, and then kind of went MIA. I heard from him this NYE and he was talking about how we might have been together if I hadn't ignored him back in 2016.
We talked via text message a few times after that but nothing came of it...We've been chatting a little on SnapChat, but again, no mention of talking on the phone, meeting up etc.
I really wonder sometimes what the story is with this. I don't know if anything will ever come out of it.

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Move on lol
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Keep us updated.
    Maybe start a youtube channel or something where we can get updates on how this story will unfold?

We really wonder too you know!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It's called benching. You're great when there's nothing else around, but not worth the time and effort the rest of the time.

Move along, and delete his info, that's not going to go anywhere good (speaking from fresh experience here myself).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    It's called benching. You're great when there's nothing else around, but not worth the time and effort the rest of the time.

Move along, and delete his info, that's not going to go anywhere good (speaking from fresh experience here myself).

Oh yeah, been there as well.

@Jadu786 - move on.

Re munchies - did you get enough calories and protein today? What about sleep last night? I also find that when I get in some exercise at lunch time I am less prone to the afternoon munchies.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you deserve better, go find it and you wont be bored and want to eat.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options

Been there. Definitely move on.
  • ambermnr
    ambermnr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would say this guy is not worth the energy. There’s plenty of partners out there that will support you getting your masters and taking time for your personal growth.
    As for the snacking I usually try to drink a glass of water and that usually takes away the urge to eat if it’s from being bored. You’ve got this!
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I’ve been telling myself that too! (to move on) i did avoid snacking and stay within my calorie goal :)
  • Raysie1
    Raysie1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When you are happy and settled some time in the future you will be thankful this one didn't pan out.