I’m 44 and I can’t take it no more!

... being unhealthy and overweight that is. That’s why I’m here. I’ve heard so many times that people our age can’t lose weight and have fit bodies. I love how we are going to prove them wrong a million times over!!!

Replies

• drallion
    drallion Posts: 6 Member
    We are!!!!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    You can do this 😁😁😁
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    drallion wrote: »
    We are!!!!

Oh yes!!!!

• pecabonitas
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    You can do this 😁😁😁

And we will!!! I’m a week in and lost 9.3 lbs! Take that to all the people who said I couldn’t lose weight.... I want to lose 50 lbs by my birthday (3/11)
  • pecabonitas
    trumpet38 wrote: »
    You can do it.. At 45 I first tried mfp and got fitter and more toned than ever before... I dropped nearly 15 kgs My body was in better shape than when I was in my 20's... All it took was motivation. The hard work(exercise) becomes enjoyable once you start getting fitter and your motivation just blossoms...I'm back on the same journey after a few misshaps ( mountain bike accident) looking to get trim this year and looking forward to a super fit fifty in just under 2 years.. go for it!

Wow that’s awesome! So happy for and proud of you! Can’t wait to share my success story!
  • pecabonitas
    You can do it!! I lost 100+ in 8 months and 4 days just before turning 44. Have maintained that weight loss since... I am now 45.

Wow!!!!!! You are a true inspiration!!! Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉! Please tell me what you did? I’m so proud of you!!!
  • pecabonitas
    Thank you @JeromeBarry1 for that! Very interesting..
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    You can do it!! I lost 100+ in 8 months and 4 days just before turning 44. Have maintained that weight loss since... I am now 45.

Wow!!!!!! You are a true inspiration!!! Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉! Please tell me what you did? I’m so proud of you!!!

The only thing I did was change what I was eating to more healthier choices, ate appropriate portion sizes with weighing and logging my food here on MFP and got in the gym to move more. That's it. MFP actually shared my story.... you can read more here if you'd like.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/southern-mom-went-couch-motorcycle-eight-months/
  • TheLadyyasB
    TheLadyyasB Posts: 4 Member
    I’m 38 and I’m back at after the holidays!
  • pecabonitas
    @ChelleDee07 wow thank you so much!
  • pecabonitas
    @TheLadyyasB oh yes.... I just started last Monday.... lol
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    I just called my daughter to wish her a happy 45th birthday. In October, my granddaughter told her I was losing weight with keto, so my daughter started keto the first of November. She just told me she's gone from 165 to under 140. I'm older, of course, but I've gone from 178 to 145 since the end of September. Now, we both have to work on our arms. I toned my arms 6 years ago, and I hope it's not too late to do it again.

You can most certainly get trim and fit! Have fun doing it!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    That's BS (about the age/weight loss thing)! Like anything that is worth doing, it normally takes focus and work to attain your goals!!!
  • pecabonitas
    Well I’m down 13+ pounds since Jan 7th!!!! So everyone who says we can’t do let our results speak for themselves... ha!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I'm nearly 45 and have visible abs. It's possible for women above 40.
  • asiya33
    asiya33 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm going to turn 43 in June. I need to lose 4 stones.im very unfit and the excess weight is putting a lot of pressure on my knees. So looking for friends in the same age group to support me in my journey.