Good stretching routines/videos?

Options
Hi! Does anyone know of any really good stretching routines or videos for after exercise?
I'm trying to increase my overall flexibility, and sometimes feel like I'm not sure what to do if I want to stretch for a long time (around 30 mins)
Any tips would be super helpful! :)

Replies

• Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would check out YouTube and see what you find, possibly yoga stretching would be helpful. I have a regular 20-30 min stretching routine and it's mostly made up of yoga and some Pilates I have learned over the years. Sorry I am not more helpful, it's hard to describe stretching moves : )
  • ItsAKindofMagic
    ItsAKindofMagic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I use the Stretch-a-Flex. It is the best stretching routine i have ever come across. As a martial artist, flexibility is uber important to me. Give it a look at www.stretchaflex.com.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I have a 10 minute solutions total body toning video that uses resistance bands. I love it, but don't do it as often anymore because I'm doing p90x. I think you could do it without the bands for a good stretch.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    There was a great series on Fit TV called Namaste Yoga that helped increase my flexibility. I had 10-12 shows Tivo'd (recorded) but I switched to Fios and dont have them anymore and cant find FitTV on Fios. I liked having the multiple shows because they concentrated on different areas and i could work on the strength and flexibility for the areas I needed the most (pigeon pose was my #1 need)
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I'll have a look around on youtube for some vids and yoga routines. I just often find that they're not that effective because they only demonstrate the stretches quickly and don't hold them for very long... Maybe I should make my own video! ha
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about not holding poses long. Sometimes I am looking for super slow stretchy yoga routines and sometimes the moves are held for 5 seconds and then they move on to the next. Just keep looking. You can also check out pinterest, lots of different pictures of poses. Then you can learn everything a little at a time and put it together as you like it : )
  • dakadare
    Options
    Hi, I've been downloading really great yoga classes to my iPhone. High quality and good value.

You can find them here if you want to check them out. :happy:

http://www.yogastretches.net
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I go for Iyengar yoga for the longer stretching. One that is nice is Yoga Journal's 'Yoga for Beginners' that includes the bonus 'Yoga for Flexibility' with Patricia Walden. The Yoga for Flexibility is the more advanced part and includes full backbends, etc. I think you can find it on other DVDs, but I like the main DVD here, too.
  • yogapoli
    Options
    Check out YouTube for lots of free videos with yoga stretches. Kris Fondran is one of my favourites on YouTube. She is also featured on YogaIsle.com.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this so I can check out the suggestions! Thanks everyone :)