11/11/19

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited January 2019
    ??? You walked 0.4 miles in 27min. Ok

For the new smartwatch devices, Fitbit now tracks every single workout with distance - even ones that have no distance component. I routinely go .17 miles in my weightlifting workouts, and an impressive .36 miles during yoga.

So she did an interval workout for 27 minutes and covered .4 miles - which Fitbit considered top billing data for workout review.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I’m confused.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Are you from the future?
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Are you from the future?

Apparently silent and only go .4 mile in 27 minutes!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I’m confused.

Me too!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member

For the new smartwatch devices, Fitbit now tracks every single workout with distance - even ones that have no distance component. I routinely go .17 miles in my weightlifting workouts, and an impressive .36 miles during yoga.

So she did an interval workout for 27 minutes and covered .4 miles - which Fitbit considered top billing data for workout review.

I have the Versa and it's pretty accurate for step count. I usually walk around my basement between sets for rest, so no surprise that a distance component shows up.

Her interval workout? I have no idea exactly what she did, but if she's actually moving a few feet during the workout??

I don't know...that's what I got out of it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Crushed. 27 mins!!

Was this in answer to another thread?

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Are you crushed because it only showed .4 miles? Or are you happy that you crushed it doing 27 minutes? We are all a bit confused. Perhaps a bit more info on what you are trying to say would help. :)

However any exercise is good.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited January 2019
    Phirrgus wrote: »

I have the Versa and it's pretty accurate for step count. I usually walk around my basement between sets for rest, so no surprise that a distance component shows up.

Her interval workout? I have no idea exactly what she did, but if she's actually moving a few feet during the workout??

I’m not talking about the accuracy of the Versa. It’s a Fitbit programming/display thing in the app. It has nothing to do with whether or not you walk around or how much you actually move.

For the non-smartwatch Fitbits, workouts like walking, running, biking, hiking show distance & pace. Everything else shows time, HR, calories burned. Because nobody is trying to hit a specific (walking) pace when they are lifting.

So smartwatch workouts will always show a distance and pace. I rarely move out of my rack during a lifting workout. It still tells me my pace is 1 hour 53 minutes per mile because that’s how the workouts are programmed to display.

It’s on the list of requested fixes-because it’s confusing and stupid to show metrics that have nothing to do with the type of workout that was done.

So OP did an interval workout comprised of who knows what. She didn’t purposefully move .4 miles. She did enough movement for Fitbit to register enough steps to total .4 miles. Just like it registers a “step” when I do a squat or press or something and boom-now I’ve gone .17 miles in my lifting workout.

Fitbit’s stupid workout display is causing all kinds of confusion.

OP did a 27 minute interval workout.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I’m confused.

stand in line.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It will all make sense when she comes back on November 11 and explains this post
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It will all make sense when she comes back on November 11 and explains this post

I'm going to hold you to that Ali!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

so I should keep this tab open until then?

no problem.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

I see you shiver with antici....
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Phirrgus wrote: »

I’m not talking about the accuracy of the Versa. It’s a Fitbit programming/display thing in the app. It has nothing to do with whether or not you walk around or how much you actually move.

For the non-smartwatch Fitbits, workouts like walking, running, biking, hiking show distance & pace. Everything else shows time, HR, calories burned. Because nobody is trying to hit a specific (walking) pace when they are lifting.

So smartwatch workouts will always show a distance and pace. I rarely move out of my rack during a lifting workout. It still tells me my pace is 1 hour 53 minutes per mile because that’s how the workouts are programmed to display.

It’s on the list of requested fixes-because it’s confusing and stupid to show metrics that have nothing to do with the type of workout that was done.

So OP did an interval workout comprised of who knows what. She didn’t purposefully move .4 miles. She did enough movement for Fitbit to register enough steps to total .4 miles. Just like it registers a “step” when I do a squat or press or something and boom-now I’ve gone .17 miles in my lifting workout.

Fitbit’s stupid workout display is causing all kinds of confusion.

OP did a 27 minute interval workout.

Ah gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

I'll move to the back of the confused line now. :#
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »

I'm going to hold you to that Ali!
    Motorsheen wrote: »

so I should keep this tab open until then?

no problem.
    apullum wrote: »

Wouldn't it be crazy if she did and we all were like oooooh makes sense. Well if we remembered. I've a freakish memory so I will and report back
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

...pation.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member

...pation.

This thread was asking for necromancy from the word go.