If you had/have a 100lbs to lose, when did people noticed?

13»

Replies

• jkoenig1980
    jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
    It seems the people who see you every day notice less.
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    I've wondered if its that people haven't noticed, or just haven't wanted to say anything yet. They might be wondering to themselves either "hmm, I wonder if so-and-so has lost weight...?" or "should I say anything, some people are a little sensitive and I don't know if so-and-so is one of those people..."?

A lot of the time, it's this. Unless someone talks about their weight loss goals with me, or clearly has excitedly purchased new fitted clothing, I don't say anything. I don't want to insult anybody, or make them feel like I've been judging them based on their body fat percentage... And partly because I've always thought "You look great, have you been losing weight?" is such an odd compliment. People used to say that to me sometimes when I had (1) never been overwieght, and (2) had been the same (healthy) weight for years... I don't want to sound like those weirdos! But one time one of my co-workers showed up in this office in this STUNNING blue pencil skirt that she bought after losing like 20 pounds, and all of us ladies were like "Damn, look at you!"
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Honestly...from 350 pounds to 260...I think people just saw big. :/ From 260- 210 people really noticed...and I'm hoping from 210-170 will be the big bang.

Please keep in mind I am 5'11" not average female height. <3
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    STarted out at 230lb and have lost 35lb so far. Noone has really said anything unless i tell them i have lost it. Even people who i dont see very often. I carry most of my weight in my body. So my limbs dont change much. But yeah I expected someone to notice by now. What's a lil disheartening.. is I can't see any change either.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Barely noticed so far by others
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I've wondered if its that people haven't noticed, or just haven't wanted to say anything yet. They might be wondering to themselves either "hmm, I wonder if so-and-so has lost weight...?" or "should I say anything, some people are a little sensitive and I don't know if so-and-so is one of those people..."?

A lot of the time, it's this. Unless someone talks about their weight loss goals with me, or clearly has excitedly purchased new fitted clothing, I don't say anything. I don't want to insult anybody, or make them feel like I've been judging them based on their body fat percentage... And partly because I've always thought "You look great, have you been losing weight?" is such an odd compliment. People used to say that to me sometimes when I had (1) never been overwieght, and (2) had been the same (healthy) weight for years... I don't want to sound like those weirdos! But one time one of my co-workers showed up in this office in this STUNNING blue pencil skirt that she bought after losing like 20 pounds, and all of us ladies were like "Damn, look at you!"

I had a lot of customers tell me they were afraid to ask in case I had gotten sick.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    It seems the people who see you every day notice less.

Well that's just natural, since you get used to small changes. It's the same with growth as a child. You know those aunties that see you once a year and say "wooow you shot up!" whereas people who are around you every day don't say anything. How would they? "Oh look, another three-quarters of an inch there I guess!".

OP: I am in my healthy weight range so my family comments almost randomly. When I have gained 2 pounds they would say "oh wow you are so thin!" and when I have lost a few, no-one says anything. I guess it is more related to clothing than anything else in my weight range.
  • Cerdice
    Cerdice Posts: 12 Member
    I had a lot of customers tell me they were afraid to ask in case I had gotten sick.
    That might be a genuine worry for some. My work colleague so far is the only one to have noticed I've lost weight, but she knew I was trying to get more exercise. She told me last week that my boss had asked her if I was unwell or if he should be worried that I'm stressed over something. She reassured him, but as of yet he's said nothing to me.

I think in a number of cases people probably have noticed but don't say anything just in case you are ill, have worries or might be offended.
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    I FINALLY had people notice this week - lots of people. 133lbs down :) Least it's finally happening!