Arch of my feet hurt

I’ve sent the podiatrist this pain in my arches has been present for a few years now and comes back when I do anything over 1 or 2 miles. I had a ultrasound but they only did the heal and front of my foot (which also hurt!) but not the arch and they said not plantar fasciitis.

I can’t think what else it could be but now I sort of been left with this foot pain. I’ve tried insoles etc. I’m now not exercising at all (as my name indicates I love/d running). I was wondering if anyone else has had this - and overcome it or has a diagnosis? It hurts to physically touch rub the arch, and has a sort of elastic band being pinged at it feeling. I know lots of people are worse off so I’ve sort of just left it but it’s getting worse and now my mobility has massively reduced and not doing what I love - running. Have done some cycling though 😀

Replies

• z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    I would check out this video (and their channel in general)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjm4GHi6Adg
  • BailTuck
    BailTuck Posts: 25 Member
    Have you gone to a good running shoe store? Where they actually watch you walk and maybe even run to see how your foot strikes? They will put you in the right shoe. Could just be your shoes. My husband had problems with his feet. He's a runner and it took a few different shoes before his feet got better. He has very flat feet.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    I had a ultrasound but they only did the heal and front of my foot (which also hurt!) but not the arch and they said not plantar fasciitis.

So what was the diagnosis then, or likely diagnosis?

Do you have high arches?
  • z4oslo wrote: »

z4oslo wrote: »

Hi - for some reason I can’t get the sound to work on this do you have a direct link? Thank you for sharing it looks interesting!!
  • BailTuck wrote: »
    Have you gone to a good running shoe store? Where they actually watch you walk and maybe even run to see how your foot strikes? They will put you in the right shoe. Could just be your shoes. My husband had problems with his feet. He's a runner and it took a few different shoes before his feet got better. He has very flat feet.

Oh wow so his got better? I do over probate and had insoles and ASICS and tried lots of running shoes. My job involved standing years ago and I had a period of running and walking 15 miles a day some years ago... just worried it’s accumulated damage.
  • Cherimoose wrote: »
    I had a ultrasound but they only did the heal and front of my foot (which also hurt!) but not the arch and they said not plantar fasciitis.

So what was the diagnosis then, or likely diagnosis?

Do you have high arches?

They gave me no diagnosis as they said ultrasound showed nada and they were perplexed then they left it and I’ve heard nothing since.

I have been told before I over pronate. I also have quite splatty feet 😂

I think an mri or X-ray seems overkill and on the nhs they won’t do this. Bail tuck your story has provided me with hope!
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Hi - for some reason I can’t get the sound to work on this do you have a direct link? Thank you for sharing it looks interesting!!

hm thats strange.
    direct link is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Rjm4GHi6Adg

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    In addition having a running store fit you with shoes, try doing this arch stretch every hour. Use a reminder app if you forget to do it hourly.
    Let us know how it goes. :+1:
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    I had horrible arch pain and PF and it all went away with superfeet insoles. My podiatrist actually recommended it over the $300 custom insoles which were my other option. I’ve recommended them to 3 different folks including my husband who got Pf from tennis - and they all found relief. Chex then out at your running specialty store!
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Superfeet worked for me.