Which should I choose?

Options
I have used Herbalife Protein Drink in the past and like the flavor. My trainer has suggested I use Spartan Whey Protein Blend Multi Stage Max Assorption. Any thoughts on which is the better product? Thank you!

Replies

• Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Despite an overwhelming number of options, and despite this being seemingly obvious advice, just pick one you like! There’s less between them all than the multitude of choice would suggest.

I tend to go for the ON ones for what it’s worth.
  • bonnieminorjones
    bonnieminorjones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All your comments helped! Thank you. I did purchase the Spartan and the taste is good with both products. My trainer suggested a protein drink to receive more protein in my diet. I am going to investigate getting my protein with natural food not through a drink as one of the suggestions from this blog. Again, I do appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. This is a great resource! I am doing a 1200 calorie diet for now. I am 50 pounds overweight and have not excercised in a long time. I have started a weight program. My main motive is to be healthy. Again, thank you for your responses.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    1200cal may not be necessary depending on your stats, even with 50 to lose. You may find that a more reasonable rate of loss will be easier for you to get more protein in via foods. And don't forget to eat exercise calories back!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    All your comments helped! Thank you. I did purchase the Spartan and the taste is good with both products. My trainer suggested a protein drink to receive more protein in my diet. I am going to investigate getting my protein with natural food not through a drink as one of the suggestions from this blog. Again, I do appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. This is a great resource! I am doing a 1200 calorie diet for now. I am 50 pounds overweight and have not excercised in a long time. I have started a weight program. My main motive is to be healthy. Again, thank you for your responses.

If you prefer to get protein from regular food, this thread can be extremely helpful:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

It links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods in order by protein efficiency, most protein for fewest calories. Find foods you enjoy that are higher on that list, eat more of those in preference to foods that may not help as much with your goals. Gradual remodeling of one's eating can accomplish a lot, in the long run!

Best wishes!