Weight loss plateau

Options
Hey everyone! I lost 44 pounds and now I hit a weight loss plateau where I’m not losing any weight anymore. I’d like to lose more but I’m not sure how to break this plateau. I already eat nutrient dense food, no processed food, barely eat out, drink a lot of water, cut out most carbs and consume mostly plant based and protein rich food. I’m really not sure what else I can do

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You mention several aspects of your diet, but no mention of calories and whether you are weighing your food, or if you've recalculated your calorie goal recently based on your current stats? How long has it been since you've lost weight?
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at your plateau?
  • aahmatova
    aahmatova Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It’s been a. Few months. I took your suggestion and started weighing my food. Some things I did not know was I was consuming too much fat so I adjusted it to eat 20% fat. Now I do 50% carbs 20% fat and 30% carbs. Does anyone have any good links to check out how many grams of macros ones should eat per day?? What are some factors that go into fat, protein, carb intake
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    aahmatova wrote: »
    It’s been a. Few months. I took your suggestion and started weighing my food. Some things I did not know was I was consuming too much fat so I adjusted it to eat 20% fat. Now I do 50% carbs 20% fat and 30% carbs. Does anyone have any good links to check out how many grams of macros ones should eat per day?? What are some factors that go into fat, protein, carb intake

I used the basic MFP recommendation and other than ensuring i get at least that recommended protein an dhit a minimum in fat (cuz i tend towards low fat) I ignore macros.

weight loss is about calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!