Do people actually like/eat Walden Farms zero calorie products?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'll use the syrup when I find myself making batches of pancakes and I'm out of my normal fruit spreads- it's tolerable, better warmed. I don't mind the chocolate syrup in milk for a lower cal chocolate milk. I tried the French Vanilla creamer and it was awful- very chemical tasting, like straight sweet n low. It's a nice thought having low cal options, but I'd rather just work the real thing into my day than ruin an otherwise delicious meal over sub par condiments.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Do NOT get the 'peanut butter' concoction...It tastes like sludge.

I got it a while ago to try and had to chuck it...and I NEVER waste food. But I didn't feel too badly about it, after all it shouldn't be listed as a food anyways!

This was my exact experience too. I also never waste food, but just could not eat it. :s
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I got it a while ago to try and had to chuck it...and I NEVER waste food. But I didn't feel too badly about it, after all it shouldn't be listed as a food anyways!

This was my exact experience too. I also never waste food, but just could not eat it. :s

I hate wasting food too so leave what I don't eat or let get to an expiration date for the homeless.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

Can confirm, tastes like crap! I made the mistake of buying it as well.

Some people must like it, I meam they are still in business and I don't believe someone woukd be hedging money to stay in business and make it yet!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Some people must like it, I meam they are still in business and I don't believe someone woukd be hedging money to stay in business and make it yet!

It’s probably because a lot of people buy it out of pure curiosity as to what the the world calorie free peanut butter tastes like...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

It’s probably because a lot of people buy it out of pure curiosity as to what the the world calorie free peanut butter tastes like...

They're obviously not surviving on repeat customers, based on this thread :lol:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

They're obviously not surviving on repeat customers, based on this thread :lol:

I have been a repeat customer for 20 years but salad dressings only. I am too scared to try anything else of theirs. The idea of some of those products seems way to weird.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Lol I am one of them! But that wouldn't keep them in business very long!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    No, they are *kitten* revolting.