Meal Prep

Options
So I was looking up boxes online for meal prep containers and I was looking at about $14 for 20 and wasn’t reallllly liking the price so I went to a local shop in town called cash and carry, they sell a lot of stuff for restaurants and business and managed to get 50 paper to go boxes and 250 sauce cups for with lids all for $14. A much better deal I think! 5w6hcqwgjt9v.jpeg

Replies

• dhart05
    dhart05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, not to be a stickler but you may want to consider reusable containers. That is a lot of plastic waste, and in the long run you'll save lots of $$$. Amazon has a great selection.

Just something to think about...
    I’m happy about my find, and I did pick these because they’re all 100% recyclable. Thank you.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    dhart05 wrote: »
    Ok, not to be a stickler but you may want to consider reusable containers. That is a lot of plastic waste, and in the long run you'll save lots of $$$. Amazon has a great selection.

Just something to think about...
    I’m happy about my find, and I did pick these because they’re all 100% recyclable. Thank you.

In most cases, they are only recyclable if you wash them first. I second the idea of using reusable as they are more versatile but if you are happy with your find, congratulations. When you get tired of spending the extra $$$ know there is an alternative.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I reuse my Ziplocs many times over. Great idea.
  • NurseTaco_RN
    NurseTaco_RN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's less expensive right now but more expensive in the long run (not to mention bad for the environment, even if you're recycling them). I'd look into reusable containers.
  • KymberlyGiudici
    KymberlyGiudici Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WAL MART has containers, two or three sections, and they are like $3 for 5. I have been using the ones I bought 2 years ago all this time, even washing them in the top rack of the dishwasher, and only had to toss a few (like 3 or 4, maybe?).

I shop at Cash and Carry a lot (we own a restaurant, lol), so I know exactly what you are referring to... but if I may be so bold (and honest) it sounds like you were looking for a toss away setup instead of reusables, anyway. Because seriously, $14 for 20 containers is a GREAT deal.