The dreaded plataeu

Options
Help... I think I am starting to plateau. I have not see the scale drop in almost a week. It is actually creeped up a lb. I think it is water weight because I feel swollen and stiff in the mornings lately and that is when I weigh in. I was steadily dropping about 2-3 lbs a week and I am afraid that if I plateau now I will lose focus. I have lost 25 lbs so far since May 31st. Aug to us is like Dec to most other people. There are tons of parties and gatherings. I have been trying to plan my meals around them and find out menus ahead of time so I can budget out my day. I thought I was doing pretty well with it considering but I can feel that old panic coming if I do not see some improvement in the next week. I still have 87 lbs to go til my goal so there is still plenty to lose.

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    To get some solid advice, you're going to need to open your diary.

Have you changed your workout routine at all in the past week or so?
  • sg992
    sg992 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, one week isn't a plateau. It's probably nothing more than natural fluctuation, just wait until next week and the number should go down, it sounds like your weightloss is pretty consistent.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lose hope over just a week, nor would I worry even if it was a few months. I had a bit of a stall after dropping 100 pounds but you just keep going, now the weight is coming off again.