Trying HealthyWager - suprised how it has motivated me

Options
elaineamj
elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I kicked off the New Year with a firm resolution to lose weight. My initial plan was to lose 10 lbs in the next few months. Then I decided that since I was very committed to my goal I should check out sites like HealthyWager - why not make some money while I was at it?

So a week ago, I played around with the numbers (everyone's numbers are different based on their algorithms) to see how much I could make and was surprised to feel my internal motivations changing. I initially thought I would put in a couple of hundred but after some number crunching, I ended up deciding to put in $600 and commit to losing 25lbs over 6 months for a prize pot of $1080.

In my considerations, I realized that while I didn't much care about the winnings, I was very motivated by the thought of losing SIX HUNDRED dollars. So I finally ended up putting in a large enough number that I knew no matter what, I would follow through to make sure I wouldn't lose it.

It's kinda exciting and I am doing great so far! Logging in MyFitnessPal daily is taking care of the mechanics of weightloss while HealthyWager is taking care of my motivation. And I expect that it will sustain me when my January enthusiasm wanes.

Anyone else doing/done a HealthyWager/Dietbet/similar site before?

Replies

• lostinureyes17
    lostinureyes17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started January 14th and I bet $50/month for 6 months that I can lose 50lbs by July 14th and if I do I will win $1,062.25 so a profit of $762.25. I am very motivated not to lose my money and to win! I have lost 4.4 lbs so far (I am sure it’s mostly water weight but yay!). I plan on only weighing once a week because I have a tendency to get myself discourage when I don’t see big numbers weighing every day. Can I add you as a friend?