Is She a Cougar?

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
I read that P Chopra (36 yo) married Nick Jonas (26 yo). I think of a Cougar as 40 yo or older. A guy with a younger wife is no big deal? Is having a younger man more common now?

In 1990s I worked with a lady 30 something who had a husband 12 year younger. There was a whisper campaign that went around the office, but we didn’t yet know the term for Cougar.

(BTW I’m 70 yo so NO I’m not looking for a Cougar, I married a 19 yo...we will be married 50 years in February!)

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    That's amazing Jim!. So happy for you and hope you have fun plans for you and your young bride😘 in February!🤗

I think as long as they are happy and on the same maturity level it's fine. Also I think it must be hard when you are with any one who is young enough to be your child, but as the years creep in it evens out I suppose...and of course it's the norm since the days BC for a male to be much older than his very young bride. Why should it be different between December woman and May male? But it somehow just is.

Few women seem brave enough to take the plunge, most I'm thinking would worry what others would say, and about while they.look great now, but how will it be I'm say 20 years, when she is say 60, and he is 40, which is the difference between Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher....when she was confident and 40 (which is still young these days), and he was a young buck of 20...life was good....I know he cheated or so they say, but I read many articles saying how hard she tries to be younger because she was obviously insecure, and that's sad because of double standards for men and women....men become silver foxes and women well we don't stay visible or haven't until.recently...and I'm thrilled that's changing!!!

Please for one moment don't think I feel looks have anything to do with one's self worth...I.so do not. But we're talking about appearance and what is socially acceptable right? Socially is usually shallow ya know?!😒

Boy...I could have just said....I think they'll be perfectly fine, and 10 yrs is really nothing....but I had a lot of caffeine today Jim and sorry I used your thread to release some mental jitters lol🙄🤐🤷🤦

Big Hugs Jim! Great question and also I again I am so happy for you and your Mrs! ❤😍
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I think cougar has more to do with behavior rather than just age. Think hair coloring, jeans with funky stitching, and profuse armpit sweat at the bar. That's a cougar. And I'm all in.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I aspire to be a cougar one day!
    Gimme another 20 years and I'll be on the prowl
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    If only the cougars knew what their significantly younger sex partners say about the cougar to their friends and associates when the cougar isn't around. Which is one of the reasons why, historically, experienced women with common sense "date" older or same age, not younger.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    If only the cougars knew what their significantly younger sex partners say about the cougar to their friends and associates when the cougar isn't around. Which is one of the reasons why, historically, experienced women with common sense "date" older or same age, not younger.

What do they say?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

What do they say?

Nothing that I can quote here but suffice to say, comments that objectify at best and at worst, blatantly demean.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

What do they say?

Nothing that I can quote here but suffice to say, comments that objectify at best and at worst, blatantly demean.

@newmeadow

so.....

that's wrong?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I aspire to be a cougar one day!
    Gimme another 20 years and I'll be on the prowl

This is the difference. A cougar has prey. It has nothing to do with age.

Personally, in the days when I cared about dating and sex, I always got along better with younger guys. It was a mental age thing. :)
  • hollyl0126
    hollyl0126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happiness....however you describe it!!
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship with a man 16 years younger than me. He never had a problem with it but I definitely had concerns about how his family and friends would view our togetherness. If anything, he was always reassuring me because despite not being an insecure woman before us, together, the age difference made me fear he would not find me desirable as I aged. I dislike the term cougar. I think it is yet another made-up, sensationalist/negative label women of age have to bear. My ex taught me a lot, always pointing out that it would be perfectly acceptable in society's eyes if our age-roles were reversed and he was older. He always made me feel desirable and beautiful. I am thankful for the experience and it's funny, it is as if I am now always encountering couples where the woman is significantly older than the man. Crazy.

Thank you for sharing your experience. If you feel ok continuing (if not, totally cool), did age have anything to do with your breakup?

Merci. It is such a taboo topic. Most in my life I have had the courage to share this with, have responded negatively, so I stopped doing so. But instead, I go share it on a public forum haahah! But why not, I am not ashamed and besides he is farking gorgeous! Also, age is not why we broke up.

The French president knows where it's at, as does Jason Mamoa ;) Jason Mamoa 38, Lisa Bonet 50 - they look amazing together and I love the way they dress...

v281w4ocvjtk.png

Totally agree and what I was trying to.say but you so very eloquently and selflessly did! Thank you beautiful girl...you're not only beautiful on the outside but inside as well! It's the way society sees us...and it's dead wrong! I love.Jason Mamoa because hello he's just so dang hot and big...but because he loves his wife and always gushes on her...also besides the handsome French.President there is Hugh Jackman as well.....wolverine knows where it's at!🤗💓 hugs!!!!!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship with a man 16 years younger than me. He never had a problem with it but I definitely had concerns about how his family and friends would view our togetherness. If anything, he was always reassuring me because despite not being an insecure woman before us, together, the age difference made me fear he would not find me desirable as I aged. I dislike the term cougar. I think it is yet another made-up, sensationalist/negative label women of age have to bear. My ex taught me a lot, always pointing out that it would be perfectly acceptable in society's eyes if our age-roles were reversed and he was older. He always made me feel desirable and beautiful. I am thankful for the experience and it's funny, it is as if I am now always encountering couples where the woman is significantly older than the man. Crazy.

I find this hard to believe, the part of you dating someone 16 years younger than you, was he 12 when you started dating? xD you seem young to me!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

I find this hard to believe, the part of you dating someone 16 years younger than you, was he 12 when you started dating? xD you seem young to me!

HAAaha you smooth operator you..YOU COUGAR :D
    I am 44 years old, 45 in a few weeks time.

Haha I am serious! Well happy early birthday!

I'm 28 btw which reminds me, how you doin? 😉 haha