Advice regarding loose skin

Options
I'm trying to see into the future! I started at 114kg and am 18kg down, I want to lose 26kg more.
I want to know the likelihood of having loose skin at the end of it. I'm almost 30 if that helps. Any advice or stories would be great to hear :smile:

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    It's entirely genetics, so you may get lucky and get little to none, you may get skin that bounces back rather quickly, or you may get loose skin that takes some time to go. Building muscle though can help to fill in loose skin, that however is something that requires active effort (i.e. lifting and proper eating).
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    douthenico wrote: »
    I'm trying to see into the future! I started at 114kg and am 18kg down, I want to lose 26kg more.
    I want to know the likelihood of having loose skin at the end of it. I'm almost 30 if that helps. Any advice or stories would be great to hear :smile:

Age isn't entirely an issue for some, depending on your lifestyle habits:
    • Do you smoke?
    • Are you on medication and what of its effects?
    • If you do drink - Are you a social drinker or a heavy drinker?
    • Your approach to your preferred skincare protocols - post workout and maintenance
    • Your nutrition (Fats/Proteins ratio)
    • Genetics
    • Agree with Michelle about strength training and/or resistance training.
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I’m 42 yrs old. Non smoker. I’ ve lost 73 kg so far. I started at 196 and currently 122. This has taken about 16 months so far.

I lost my weight through monitoring calories and walking 10,000 - 15,000 steps a day. I’ve avoided weights due to major back surgery about 9 years ago.

I’ve only started to notice lose skin in the last few months, mainly under my arms and my breasts.

I do plan to start using very light weights in conjunction with my dr / physio advise once I lose a bit more weight.

I moisture daily and drink a lot of water in the hope this will help my skin, I’m not sure if their is any science to this, but it can’t hurt!

I’m not sure if this helps you any, everyone’s journey is different. You do have youth on your side!

Good luck!