Almost 50 with 50 lbs. to lose! Need partner!

I am turning 50 in less than 3 months and I also have 50 pounds to lose! I hope to lose it by October 30th 2019 but realize that to keep it off it may be longer. I have joined a gym and am beginning with a personal trainer 3 x weekly. I also had a family member die and my best friend and have been binge eating everything even when I am already full. It’s hard enough having gone through menopause and have your metabolism begin to tank. I need a supportive friend and accountability partner. Would you be willing for us to help one another? I use an Apple Watch but it doesn’t sync well with this app, I hardly ever get 10,000 steps in daily and have been quite sedentary for years since having Breast Cancer at the age of 42, I am fine now. I just sit too much and have trouble staying motivated for more than a month when it comes to calorie deficits. Let’s support each other- PLEASE!

Replies

• caret7785
    caret7785 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm almost 40 with around 70lb to lose, would love to lose with you. No idea how the friend/challenge thing works as still very new to the app
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Welcome, feel free to add me :)
  • diamonds1627
    diamonds1627 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello ..I am 48 and need to lose 30lbs . Yes can we do this together!! I am new to this MFP so I don’t know how this works but I am so interested and need the motivation! Please add me!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I turned 50 in November, I lost 57lb for a big birthday holiday, put some back on (as expected) and now on phase 2 for another 50(ish). I joined a gym today too.
    Menopause hasn't hit me yet I'm bracing myself for that :/
    Feel free to add me, I log in everyday and have an open diary for friends.
    You can do this too!
  • lorirob64
    lorirob64 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, Newbie here. I'm 54 and 25 lbs to lose here. Not sure how to go about adding friends or getting friend, but would love the extra motivation!
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello,

I have a problem with binge eating. I use binge eating to deal with stress. I would like to get my eating under control and loose the weight I have put on. I go to the gym everyday, but since my diet is poor, it really does me no good.

Please feel free to add me. I’m also looking for an accountability partner that checks in every day.

• gettinfit27
    gettinfit27 Posts: 2 Member
    I would love to join. I am 51 and need to lose 25. I think the menopause "lack-of-metabolism" has set in because I have gained 10 pounds since July and my eating habits had not changed. I guess they need to now. I am really bad about updating my food diary daily so I need to work on that! I do work out 4-6 times a week but that does not seem to be doing much for me. I am willing to encourage anyone who is also willing to encourage me!
  • TinaKay51
    TinaKay51 Posts: 8 Member
    New to MyFitnessPal but not new to tracking. I am 51 and like gettinfit27 have put on nearly 10 pounds since hitting menopause this past year. I have been tracking my eating/exercise habits for years to maintain a 100 pound weight loss achieved over 20 years ago, so I know I am not eating much different. My exercise habits have changed, though, frankly due to boredom. I am so sick of everything I typically do-including my usual, typical meals. My current BMI is still fine; however, I was 100 pounds overweight, and it wasn't baby weight. I had short, fat parents, and I have short fat genes. I gain weight easily and quickly. The current trend is not good, but none of the diet tweaks I have used to maintain my weight loss in the past are working, and I am tired of young trainers, male or female, who have no idea what it is like to be middle aged, much less previously fat and/or menopausal, telling me what I need to do. Add in that at this age health concerns are at least as important as weight, and that animal products, a primary protein source for me that cut my hunger, promote heart disease and several types of cancer, and there you go with the confusion and madness. I need to give and receive all the support I can. I am in.
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am turning 48 in march and need to lose 20 - 30lbs. :)
  • ckeeley7
    ckeeley7 Posts: 2 Member
    I'll be 50 in July and am shooting to lose another 40 by then...I've lost 30 since mid-October. I'm at a strange plateau now thought and don't know why. Grrr. I'm doing pretty low calories, but switch up my eating routine and daily intake so as to not let my body get a "memory" for the intake, but I've still stalled out a bit. 1200-1250 cal/day of balanced healthy foods with very light activity (hoping for more when it's not so cold out - I prefer walking outdoors). Any ideas for what to do to shake the slight plateau?