New friends and advice

Well hello everyone

Looking for new friends on here so please feel free to add me - we can succeed together ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Has anyone tried / currently doing the fasting diet? Where you eat for certain hours per day then fast for the rest? Seems to be a simple effective diet that we can all do? Iโ€™m trying it as of now โ˜บ๏ธ

Replies

• JaniceVACPA
    JaniceVACPA Posts: 19 Member
    It's worked great for my 17YO son. He eats only from noon to 8PM and tries to stick to healthy foods. He's down about 30 pounds and isn't having a hard time with it.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    I did a 23 hour fast, it was pretty easy, but I needed to eat in the morning, I couldn't delay eating until the afternoon after waking.

Although it's easy enough to do, I can see it clashing with events which come along in your life. I found swapping from regular eating to 23 hour fast took a few days, meaning I was hungry more than normal for those few days.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    If you search "intermittent fasting" there's a few threads with all the windows and opinions. It helps some, some find it meh.
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Well I very rarely eat breakfast and donโ€™t normally eat til around 10-11am mid morning anyway, so my last food was before 7pm yesterday and Iโ€™ve got around 5 hours left of none eating which would be a total time of 16 hours I knew fasting mode, feel fine tbh woke up and just having a black coffee with no sweetener or milk etc Iโ€™ll just make sure I keep up my water intake so it fills me up, roll on 11am and I can eat ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    I do Keto. However, I also implement intermittent fasting 16:8, at least 3 times a week. It has been effective for me, but I think the Keto eating plan has definitely contributed to my success.
  • luckygirl134
    luckygirl134 Posts: 42 Member
    I do intermittent fasting, but only because I'm rarely hungry for breakfast, so I'd rather save those calories for lunch and dinner. I hate going to bed hungry, so I usually opt for a bigger dinner.
  • How do you do the fasting?