I want to introduce myself

Options
Hi, my name is Katie and I’m on this journey to really strengthen myself and live healthier. In the last 2 years I’ve lost 81 lbs already (that’s almost a whole person). I’d love motivation and encouragement and to do the same for others because I can see the effort and hard work paying off. I went from a size 26/28 to a 14/16 so keep at it peeps. If I can do it anyone can do it!! Believe in yourself!

Replies

• carolinezilboorg
    carolinezilboorg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Katie,

I am just starting with myfitnesspal, have done Weight Watchers in the past, but substituting this for that in points seems needlessly complicated now. 1200 calories seems a bit brutal, but I am motivated and the first week has gone well. Can you give me some ideas for low or no calorie snacks? I'm a vegetarian and raw carrots or celery as a snack just isn't enough...popcorn? Help, please-- you sound as if you are doing so well!
  • katierenew2017
    katierenew2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Caroline! My favorite go to are avocados. I typically eat 1 medium size avocado a day. It’s a wonderful snack and it’s very very filling. If you have a specific time of day when you’re hungry and the carrot sticks just aren’t enough that’s the perfect time for an avocado. Sometimes I put a little lime juice on it or add a hint of garlic. I hope this helps!!
  • lonelystaarr
    lonelystaarr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! I added you so we can hopefully help eachother... this is my second time back! :neutral:
  • katierenew2017
    katierenew2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add! I’m always down for encouragement and encouraging others!! Let me know anyway I can help lonelystaarr.