What is your favorite preworkout and why?

I have been “LIT” for several months and changed recently to C4 Ripped.
Looking for pump and power. It all tastes horrible so taste is not a factor. Lol.
Thoughts? Opinions?

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Ghost Legend any flavor
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    I liked C4 Ultimate at the gym but found it kept me up at night as I workout after work. I generally now use an EAA with caffeine added, if bulking I use Carbion in addition to the EAA energy
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Custom:
    caffeine + citrulline maleate (pre-workout ingredients)
    + beta alanine + creatine HCl (long term use ingredients)
    Why? Economics, non-proprietary blend/known doses, & efficacy.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Custom:
    caffeine + citrulline maleate (pre-workout ingredients)
    + beta alanine + creatine HCl (long term use ingredients)
    Why? Economics, non-proprietary blend/known doses, & efficacy.

I used to also do this from bulk supplements but kids got in the way. Seconds count in my morning but it’s definitely dosed to your specifics and cheaper. I usually still add CM and creatine to my ghost mix 7g and 5g
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Swix F4 universal glide wax.
  • joemurphywv
    joemurphywv Posts: 4 Member
    First I’ve heard of this one.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Caffeine Pill - easy, effective, cheap, appropriate for my goals and training.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Monster zero, refreshing, no cals
  • kamala1012
    kamala1012 Posts: 27 Member

I'm addicted to those 😂
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Blok shot cherry dark chocolate flavor with caffeine. Only if I go for a >10mile run though. Otherwise, no pre-workout needed for me! Never felt the need for it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Monster Ultra Zero if an afternoon workout, black coffee if a morning workout.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    I use Legion's Pulse Pre-Workout. Unlike many pre-workouts it is non-proprietary and includes several supplements with the proper dosage that have shown to be effective (it has other stuff as well that are questionable)...

Caffeine: 350mg
    Citrulline Malate: 8g
    Beta-Alanine: 4.8g

@psuLemon has a great post about beneficial supplements here.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Original formula jack3d
    Or
    I’ve just found my stash of
    Pharma ephedrine from my forces days
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great info!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    none.

well, ok creatine but not religiously. Or pomegrate. But only when fiscal price and/or caloric budget allow it. Currently my caloric budget will not allow either pomegranate juice or dark chocolate, only creatine.

Have a look into dark chocolate and pomegranate as a pre-workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8G13xYG_ag

Personally, I don't like/need stimulants to work out. I don't mind a bit of a vasodilator, but stuff like caffeine, no need and then I can't sleep. IN the past when I've had to train without adequate rest I'd take pure beta alanine for a kick, but really - why do you NEED pre-workout? Shouldn't you be ready and able to train without having to get "the tingles"?

I always felt it a bit off putting the beta alanine actually, reminded me of drugs and partying hard all night long, which kind of is not gym. Was fun back in the days, but yeah, not my thing now.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    I use Legion's Pulse Pre-Workout. Unlike many pre-workouts it is non-proprietary and includes several supplements with the proper dosage that have shown to be effective (it has other stuff as well that are questionable)...

Caffeine: 350mg
    Citrulline Malate: 8g
    Beta-Alanine: 4.8g

@psuLemon has a great post about beneficial supplements here.

Label looks good; kind of surprised some form of creatine (monohydrate or HCl) isn't included though. Caveat being beta alanine needs daily dosing (even if not working out) just like creatine; other con seems to be cost vs. buying bulk ingredients separately. Beta Alanine dose is on the higher end (to be fair effective dose is a range); I find 3.2g sufficient enough without getting excessive paresthesia/"tingling" sensation/"skin crawling feeling"; prefer custom dosing
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Mr. Hyde NitroX, I enjoy the caffeine rush on lifting days. On the deload week or light work days I just use whatever I have around, Mio energy or even just the Mio with electrolytes.

Custom dosing sounds great but I find it easier to just get a scoop of what I need and go. To each their own.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Label looks good; kind of surprised some form of creatine (monohydrate or HCl) isn't included though. Caveat being beta alanine needs daily dosing (even if not working out) just like creatine; other con seems to be cost vs. buying bulk ingredients separately. Beta Alanine dose is on the higher end (to be fair effective dose is a range); I find 3.2g sufficient enough without getting excessive paresthesia/"tingling" sensation/"skin crawling feeling"; prefer custom dosing

Thanks, I think I’ll go the bulk route after I finish my supply. It is pretty expensive and I didn’t realize I needed to dose beta alanine daily. Any brands you prefer?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Usually just stick to primaforce/scivation - Marc Lobliner owned; he's a pretty reputable/decent guy who believes in quality control; often does call out sketchy/questionable supplement maker practices. Doctor's Best is also pretty good; at least has cGMP logo/labeling (hard to find USP labeling for supplements).

Generally a good idea to pay the extra few dollars & get Creapure^TM branded creatine (or will be labeled German Grade or USP/Pharmaceutical grade creatine monohydrate) & likewise with CARNOSYN^TM Beta Alanine (just because supplements are not regulated anywhere close to how stringently drugs are regulated).
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Hate and discontent.