Overnight Oat Bran

Options
LittleChipin
LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
Hey all, I've been wanting to try overnight oats so bad for breakfast but I cant stomach gloopy thick oatmeal. Has anyone tried using oat bran OR what recipes do you guys have for creamy overnight oats?

Replies

• philtom
    philtom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes and its very nice, i do recommend adding something like sweet freedom syrup and maybe fresh berries
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    have you tried steel cut oats? they are nice if you would appreciate a chewier texture to your oats with less gloop. (i haven't tried them as overnight oats though) my suggestion is for the long cooking steel cut oats. (i don't like the quick cooking kind) i don't care for regular overnight oats personally, but uncooked oats with a little milk and honey aren't bad if you haven't tried them like that.
  • ramibakir1970
    ramibakir1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try it with almond milk , the taste is a amazing . So , 3 table spoon of Oat + 200 ml almond milk boil together Until you get your Oat thickened . The total caloric value of that is approx 160 calories ( the almond milk alone is 26 calories for each 100 ml ) , try it you will love it :smile: ....