SAHM'S Wanted!

Options
Hey everyone,

Happy 2019! I don't know about you, but this just feels like MY year!

As a SAHM I know the struggle of never getting out of the house, lack of adult conversation, feeling the "what's the point in even taking off these PJ's" attitude. But, I'm changing. I'm changing everything I don't like, and making 2019 amazing!

I'm a 36 year old Mama of a gorgeous 3 year old little girl! My goal is to get healthy in all ways for her, my husband, and me.

So join me and let's do this together! 😊

Replies

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 38 and have 3 elementary aged daughters, but take care of a couple of 4 year olds during the day. Technically a SAHM. Constantly surrounded by food, making snacks, lunches, dinner etc. I spend the majority of my day in the kitchen!

My biggest challenge is that I HATE food waste and that caused me to eat the last few bites of everyone's plates...not a healthy habit! Now I do intermittent fasting. I don't allow myself to eat until 5:00. (To manage the food waste, I've gotten better about composting, feeding birds and adding leftovers to my meals.)

Your post sounds a lot like how I felt last year. Really focused on myself for the first time. I lost 20lbs last year. Hoping to lose 20 more. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • AJSheppard82
    AJSheppard82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'd love to add you! Your page is private though, and I don't see the add button. Please add me though! Would love to become friends and have a great year together!
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I figured it out...you have to click on the user name and then in the new window, click on the username again. That will give the option to add. Not very intuitive if you ask me!
    Anyway...just sent it over! Best of luck!
  • grossmanstacey
    grossmanstacey Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Stacey, I am 35 yrs old and also a SAHM who lives in Pa. I have two wonderful children a 2.5 yr old girl Hailey Sophia and a 16 month old boy Asher Jax.

I want to also make 2019 my year. While I am not eating all day I have picked up some bad habits since becoming a SAHM 2.5 yrs ago. I do take time for myself because I know I must have a life as well, but there is always more I can be doing. I wake up with veey low energy no matter how much sleep I get and I lack serious motivation for exercise.

I would like to start doing at home yoga and workout videos and work my way up to the gym. It is hard not having adult conversations until my husband comes home and I don't get out much as my son HATES going anywhere. My daughter was going to preachool 3 days a week but loves school so much she now goes Mon thru Fri til 3. That leaves just me and my boy so I do have more free time. He is super independant so I am able to do my workouts in it is just me lacking motivation.

I am going to start making myself push through these obstacles. 2019 will be my *kitten*! Lol