Fitbit step counts vs weekly exercise

Hi! Quick question. I have my Fitbit connected for steps, but I find it doesn’t give me “credit” for workouts.. just the steps? For example today..
xmg6y7mhln82.jpeg
p9d73a8omypi.png

And I’ve only gotten exercise credit for my steps

Replies

• kat3638
    kat3638 Posts: 3 Member
    My problem is I have to log all exercises even though it says my Fitbit is connected and it doesn’t show any steps either. Sorry I have no fix.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    That is how fitbit works, you have to manually enter in your workout into mfp and mfp will adjust your calories based on steps from the fitbit and the workout entered on mfp (if setup to do so ie negatively adjust calories if applicable )
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    If you have your Fitbit synced to mfp, you won’t see workout info in your mfp diary. You will be getting the calorie credit.

How this works-Fitbit sends mfp the total number of calories you burned for the day (or the estimate if the day isn’t over yet). Mfp subtracts how many calories it thinks you’ll burn (whatever goes with your stats and activity setting plus any workouts you manually logged in mfp). The difference is your Fitbit calorie adjustment- which is on the diary entry with the number of steps.

If your Fitbit tracks all your workouts (meaning it’s not a Zip or the One) then you don’t need to do anything. The calories are included. If your Fitbit doesn’t track your workouts (it’s a Zip or the One or you went swimming and your Fitbit doesn’t track that) then you can either log your workout on Fitbit or mfp (with the correct start and end times).