New to Keto

Options
syhowze
syhowze Posts: 1 Member
I’m new but really inspired. I’ve read lots of success stories of weight loss, but while I pray to lose some weight, I’m really looking forward to the mental clarity. After 3 days, I feel like I’m in a fog. I think it’s keto flu but....🤷‍♀️

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Your electrolytes may be low. Also bear in mind not everyone does well on keto, but if you're determined to try it then you might want to correct that first to see if that was the problem.
  • briannathrasher3399
    Options
    Get some Pedialyte!!!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    syhowze wrote: »
    I’m new but really inspired. I’ve read lots of success stories of weight loss, but while I pray to lose some weight, I’m really looking forward to the mental clarity. After 3 days, I feel like I’m in a fog. I think it’s keto flu but....🤷‍♀️

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but some remain in that fog and the mental clarity never comes. Reactions to restricting carbs to this level vary greatly from individual to individual. It really is a suck and see situation to see how you react once the keto flu diminishes.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I refuse to do keto. Its another fad diet its just like atkins from the 90s. Its great for quick weight loss, a lot of body builders will do it before competition to lean up. Its truly something that isnt meant for the long term. Carbs are essential for brain function, muscle repair, and other bodily functions. Ketoers will probably go at me for saying this. Keto is not for me but if you can do it long term you do you. I just cant eat high fatty foods after having my gallbladder removed. Good luck
  • trajik2
    trajik2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    xtina315 wrote: »
    I refuse to do keto. Its another fad diet its just like atkins from the 90s. Its great for quick weight loss, a lot of body builders will do it before competition to lean up. Its truly something that isnt meant for the long term. Carbs are essential for brain function, muscle repair, and other bodily functions. Ketoers will probably go at me for saying this. Keto is not for me but if you can do it long term you do you. I just cant eat high fatty foods after having my gallbladder removed. Good luck

I would like to see where you got that info from. Any sources you can quote?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Pink salt. Lots. Thank me. I'm also on day 3. No fog.