Breakfast ideas Uk

spellbinder47
spellbinder47 Posts: 4 Member
Looking for high protein breakfast ideas coming in at around 350 calories - I struggle for breakfast as I don’t like eggs so every morning is oats which pushes up my carbs really early on when I’m sat at a desk. I am spot on with my macros usually so if the breakfast knocks my macros out I can adjust other meals to bring it back. Intense weight training 4 or 5 evenings a week. Any egg fee ( or hidden egg) breakfast ideas please?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Greek yogurt with chia seeds mixed in. Fresh fruit of choice.
  • Try quinoa instead of cereal. A high protein super food. I love it!
  • coronashigh
    coronashigh Posts: 3 Member
    Google 2 ingredient bagel. So good. I made them this weekend. Half the carbs of regular bagel.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    I have a protein shake - 20g protein powder and 300ml semi skimmed milk = 230cals/27g protein

sometimes I have bacon and mushrooms as well - but that would bump it up to 470 odd cals.

:)
  • spellbinder47
    Thanks for the suggestions guys

@ beerfoamy, do you find the shake doesn’t fill yo? I’ve tried the breakfast shake but I’m still looking for something to physically eat afterwards... maybe it’s because I make mine with water so it’s not so filling. I do have a ‘full english’ when I have time. Eggs, bacon medallions, and mushrooms and one half fat sausage when I’m real hungry usually after a big leg day but obviously that’s not an everyday meal. Weekends I make protein pancakes and I did try making those in advance but they are like a bit of rubber when cold and don’t reheat well in a microwave. 🤢
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions guys

@ beerfoamy, do you find the shake doesn’t fill yo? I’ve tried the breakfast shake but I’m still looking for something to physically eat afterwards... maybe it’s because I make mine with water so it’s not so filling. I do have a ‘full english’ when I have time. Eggs, bacon medallions, and mushrooms and one half fat sausage when I’m real hungry usually after a big leg day but obviously that’s not an everyday meal. Weekends I make protein pancakes and I did try making those in advance but they are like a bit of rubber when cold and don’t reheat well in a microwave. 🤢

I found the same with protein pancakes - way nicer fresh - but then timing becomes an issue for me to cook and eat takes too much time haha

with the shake, I do use milk. I sometimes have water, but that is usually for pudding after dinner so am less concerned with the solid food cravings. I find my brain wants solid food after the shake - but I am getting better at ignoring it, and it is demanding less and less. I have a lot of protein powder in the house and as a shake is the only way I really like to eat it, so am not wasting it or the cals.
    My brain is also satisfied if I have a bit of fizz after the shake so a pepsi max helps if needed.

I find I actually get hungrier around 11:30 if I have had bacon etc, whereas the drink aspect of the shake I am sure tricks my brain into thinking I am fasting til lunch

ramble over :)

• spellbinder47
    Makes sense. Thanks very much
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    If you're looking for something to make ahead, maybe some of these muffins. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2016/03/13/carrot-cake-protein-muffins/ Also these look pretty bomb. Maybe add some almonds for extra protein. http://jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/apple-peanut-butter-sandwich/