New to MFP! Boston MA

Tdolson4025
Tdolson4025 Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2019 in Introduce Yourself
What's up everybody I'm Terry, new to MyFitnessPal and tracking macros. I'm all about sharing positive motivation and having friends to keep each other accountable to achieve our health/fitness goals. Feel free to send me a friend request if you're somebody that's making a big change in 2019! 💪

Replies

• coronashigh
    coronashigh Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Terry,

How is tracking macros going for you??
    Amanda
  • Tdolson4025
    Hi Amanda, the macro tracking is going pretty good for the most part, the bar code scanning feature makes it alot easier. I never knew how many calories were in alot of the everyday foods we eat lol hows your macro tracking going?
  • Pamelyb
    Pamelyb Posts: 228 Member
    I track macros also, but am struggling to get stuf to fit within my macro goals. I started a "boot camp" so my protein macro is bumped up.. and I struggle to eat that protein!
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Hey there I'm more of a straight calorie tracker I was thinking of getting into tracking macros to though.. But ill add you
  • Tdolson4025
    edited January 2019
    Hey PamelyB, a great way to boost up your protein intake and hit that daily target is by making an omelette with liquid egg whites, with 10 grams of protein 0g fat and 0g carbs per a 1 cup serving, also add in a little lean meat to your omelette and you're looking at around 20-25g of clean protein for your small omelette 😎💪
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Hi Terry! I'm Liz. I'm trying to track my macros as well. Usually fall short on the protein though (I don't eat much meat and also trying to cut down on dairy). It's hard to have it all, isn't it ;) Hoping it will get easier overtime. I'll send you a friend request if you want to try to motivate each other.
  • Tdolson4025
    Hi Liz I just saw your your post about falling short on protein while tracking your macros lol sorry I'm still a newbie on this site. If your trying to cut out meat and dairy from your diet you could always go with non dairy protein powders mixed with water, nuts are a good source of protein although higher in fat, and if your a peanutbutter fan try powdered peanut butter, it's got a good amount of protein with less than half the fat of regular peanut butter. :) I posted a good protein snack on my page as well