PCOS didn’t stop me before and won’t now

Options
I used MFP 5 years ago to lose 100lbs and get pregnant. I have PCOS so fertility was an issue.
Now that my rainbow baby is 4 I want to lose weight again so I an be there for her as she grows up.
So here is hope to those women with PCOS you CAN do this!!

Replies

• tiffanyrasnick
    tiffanyrasnick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You go mama! Howd you do it?!
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I'm also curious how you did it!

My doctor suggested back in October I consider following keto for my pcos/fertility issues and to lose weight. I finally made the leap on November 12 and I'm so grateful that I did!! So much has changed for my health, including being down 29.5lbs, and I cannot wait to see where I'm at and what I accomplish over this year!!
  • fixbe77
    fixbe77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I lost nearly 70 lbs, had one baby...gain some...lost 20 and had another baby. My youngest is now 4 also and I'm tried of being this heavy. The 1st time around I was 9 years younger and didn't have kids and it seemed so much easier than now, but I'm ready to make some changes and set a good example for my miracle girls. :)
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I lost 130, but am putting it back on while training crossfit 5-6 x a week and eating a version of the Autoimmune paleo profile diet. Some is muscle, but not all and I have more fat to lose. I'm a size 10, 5'4" and 198 lbs
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I think with PCOS what works for someone is always different.
    However for me I actually seeked the advice of my OBGYN who first diagnosed me with PCOS when I was 15.
    My primary physician gave me a high protein low carb high intensity diet.
    After going at it for 2 months only to lose 11 lbs and gain back 6lbs in that time I knew something was off.
    So my OB suggested I work on a medium carb diet:
    Protein 30 Carbs 40 Fat 30
    Keeping my sodium and sugar intake at bay not higher than the recommended amount on MFP worked.
    With low intensity workouts like walking,yoga etc.
    My cal intake is 1700-1900 cals,but I pay more attention to my macros,sodium and sugar intake.
    Currently I am on a vegetarian kick because it has made me feel better.
    That will change next month just because changing it up keeps me motivated.
    Hope that helps ladies!!
    xo
  • Sanriohippie
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @ironlady10 isn’t crazy? When I weighed 199 I was a size 12 and people could not believe it!You are amazing!!!
  • OneRatGirl
    OneRatGirl Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good to see a PCOSer who's managed to lose that much. I'm not worrying too much about my macros right now, although I may someday need to. A lot of my snacking was biscuits (multi packed small cookies for Americans) so cutting that sugar out should make a huge difference.

If you've done it once you obviously can again! Good luck :)
  • TheMiniKeto
    TheMiniKeto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Nice to meet you and I know you can do this!!
  • Sanriohippie
    Options
    Thank you guys!! Five weeks and 22lbs down so going strong!!
  • Sanriohippie
    Options
    One year and 75lbs down! Cheers to a new year!!
  • lunalily22
    lunalily22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As a PCOSer myself, I'm glad to see awareness and solidarity.
    I'm at the start of my weightloss journey and I'm feeling inspired thanks to you ladies.
    Thank-you and happy new year/decade. This our decade!😁😁