Skinny Saturday Challenge!

Options
:flowerforyou: Do you need a weekend boost? I sure do! Many times the weekend:bigsmile: is a challenge to get through and we end up undoing everything we worked so hard for through the week. Take the Skinny Saturday Challenge and finish your weekend with a smile on your face! Here's what it entalis:

Think double, double, double! :love: :love:
Double your exercise~
Double your water intake (within healthy limits)~ :drinker: :drinker:
Double your willpower to stop eating after dinner and log every tidbit that crosses those lips! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Just let us know now if you are in....then check in and out when you can tomorrow to let us know how it is going and encourage someone else. :heart: Grab a buddy and make the c ommitment! There is power in numbers....I know one thing for sure.....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN! :bigsmile:

Bring it on Mr. Saturday! We are ready for you! :laugh:

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I find weekends challenging.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm in this time...gonna take my kids to the pool, and try out my HRM in the water for the first time,

My Goals

1 hour 30 min total working out: normally i exercise very little on the weekends- the last two days i've been slacking
    64 ounces water- I have trouble hitting that 32 pure water 32 w/ crystal light
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Gotto be in on this one, Fab. Hope to ride my bike and drink lots of water.

:heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooh, after today's supper, I so need to :sick:

I'll have to get out really early while everyone is still in their pjs, it'll be difficult..........
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo in tomorrow is going to be very hard since we are going to the county fair and you know there is so many good foods at the fair and there is just something they do to the food you just can't do at home. But that all being said I am packing a lunch to bring with and some healthy snacks to and I am taking out dinner from the freezer also. Hopeful I will have the will power to stay away from the min dounght and corn dogs and anything elas that comes on a stick. I am also hitting the gym befor we go. Hope my workout will help me stay on track.
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am in as usual! I need a boost, I was not able to walk every day this week.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm SO in! Its "Aunt Kelly Day" I have my neice & 2 nephews & we are going to Starved Rock State Park hiking all day! Gotta get to bed as we are getting up EARLY!

However I have all the fruits & veggies prepared & deli sandwiches, yogurt & granola bars! Lots of healthy snacks for us all day tomorrow ready to pack in the cooler in the a.m.!

:drinker: It's gonna be another HOT one out there tomorrow so we have a case of bottled water :drinker: & I know we will be refilling them constantly! :drinker: Heat index is going to shoot over 100 again! Hopefully we can get lots of hiking in & stay safe & healthy!

Have a great Skinny Saturday everyone! :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Kelly
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm in like like chicken wings!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have already started with the water and am off to boot camp in the park in the next hour. Spending the day shopping with my mum but will pack healthy lunch & snacks.

Will make a date with Billy blanks for my second workout of the day after shopping. :glasses:

Have a skinny Saturday all :-)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I wish I could join you ladies today but we leave for Virginia Beach and will be traveling....so probbaly bad food choices today and NOOOOOO exercise...it is going to kill me...but once we are at the beach there will be plenty of exercise to do....so hopefully that will offset my bad eating..anyhow.....will miss the WED challange also...but will be with you in spirit that day...oh, wait, the hotel has WIFI so I should be able to stay in touch...I feel much better now....sorrry for going on...will talk to you all later or tomorrow!!:happy:
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    I'm in! I need this so much! I do really well Mon - Fri then just fall apart over the weekend!

I've started the day with a small bowl of porridge and a glass of fresh carrot and orange juice and I'm about to have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for lunch. Planning to have prawn Pad Thai for dinner.
    Exercise will just be walking around town birthday present shopping.

Hope everyone is having a good Skinny Saturday!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Have just complete bootcamp (420 cals burned) and have drunk almost 2 litres of water already and it's only 1pm :smile: :smile:

Am off out for the day but have packed my protein bar and apple for my 4pm snack.

Will check in again later
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm in too!

Have a full day, of house cleaning to do for today!
    Cleaning out closets, getting rid of too large clothes!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great plans everyone! Several of you already have a great start on the day. I see good planning here! That is the key to success! It has been said "If you fail to plan....you plan to fail." Not us man! We are planning to SUCCEED!

My plan is to eat light and nix the snacks! I was born to snack so that is a challenge. :sad: Only fruit for me between meals today. Also, I will hit the mat twice today. I am getting the first workout in early. That is always key to my success. I will check in and out with you. That always inspires me! Have an awesome day everyone! Check in and let us know how it is going and encourage a new buddy! We are going to rock this Skinny Saturday! :bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have already done a 5 Mile walking video and had about 40 oz. of water. Good breakfast, too--original Shredded Wheat--remember those? My DD had never seen the big biscuits before!:laugh:

GOing to the Olympia Farmer's Market soon--more walking and buying some veggies and fruit (can't have too many lately!).
    Be back later.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    20 ounces pure water/ 20 ounces flavored water

30 swimming
    40 min billy banks

after dinner plan:
    20 ounces plain water w/ dinner
    30 min run/walk half half
    20 ounces flavored water

total water 80 ounces
    total work out time1 hour 40 min
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    20 ounces pure water/ 20 ounces flavored water

30 swimming
    40 min billy banks

after dinner plan:
    20 ounces plain water w/ dinner
    30 min run/walk half half
    20 ounces flavored water

total water 80 ounces
    total work out time1 hour 40 min

:heart: Sassy: Thanks for reminding us to drink up! :drinker: I am hitting the tap right now! Mmmmm....flavored water sounds yummy! Great way to get it all in. What kind do you suggest?
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    We love water! Warm, cold, flavored, plain, frozen.
    Happy Skinny Saturday.
    My day is so disjointed, but have burned 723 cals so far and hope to torch more.
    Only 64 ounces of cool clear water so far.
    Hotter than Hades out so I had better drink up!
  • jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    Oh I am so glad you did this for the weekend too. I have been gone all day so although I've been really good on the food and water part I have not worked out yet. I was really tempted to skip today especially because my legs are still sore from Wed. LOL. Thanks for doing this. I will update on what I did before I go to bed tonight!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Walked all around the Farmer's Market and bought loads of freh veggies--AND some incredible whole-grain breads. I think supper is going to be a huge salad and the Rosemary-Garlic bread I bought there!
    Going to do more walking videos this afternoon.
    Lots of water being downed--lost count of the ounces while out, though.
    Carried the grandbaby in the Snugli for a large part of the time we were out--he's so sweet. And I love being able to give him back to Mommy and Daddy when he cries! LOL!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Oh I am so glad you did this for the weekend too. I have been gone all day so although I've been really good on the food and water part I have not worked out yet. I was really tempted to skip today especially because my legs are still sore from Wed. LOL. Thanks for doing this. I will update on what I did before I go to bed tonight!

:flowerforyou: I love your goals....good for you! You are that much closer to that little black dress! I am glad you enjoy the challenges. I get alot out of reading about everyone's efforts. It gives me the boost to kick it up a notch! Why thanks to all of you!

I have had a pretty good Skinny Sat.! Fortunately, I just wasn''t that hungry. :happy: So, I was able to nix the snacks! Yay! I sometimes get carried away with lowfat snacks. I also get an "A" on water intake today. As hot as it was in the midwest today that was not a problem.:tongue: I hit the mat twice and feel like my foot is healing fast because of the Pilates. I am keeping that blood circulating so the swelling is down! I will be ready for dancing in no time!:laugh: Good news: My clothes are getting bigger! My goal is to wear a "10" in 2010. I may just meet that goal this summer. The 12s are getting loose. Can't wait to sing "Pants on the ground...pants on the ground..." Ha! :laugh: :blushing: I have been buying clothes at resale stores as I have melted down. I highly recommend it! When I hit a size 10 I will treat myself to a few new pair! :bigsmile: Keep ya posted.

How have the rest of you done today? Are you beginning to see changes in your body and the way your clothes fit? Have you set small, attainable goals for yourself that you can celebrate? Maybe we can all shoot for that little black dress....and some pearls! :bigsmile: All the best to all of you! Have a blessed Sunday and I will meet you in the forums for a Skinny Wed. Challenge....Watch out Mr. Wednesday....we are coming for ya!:smooched: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: