I am new here!

HELLO! I am new to this app, looking to make my lifestyle a better one. Any tips on getting started would be great!

Replies

• time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Welcome! I love this app.

I’d suggest you weigh everything and don’t set your calorie target to low.

Good luck!
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    lumb6199 wrote: »
    HELLO! I am new to this app, looking to make my lifestyle a better one. Any tips on getting started would be great!

Hi, welcome to the whole world of confusion and lot of differing opinions and beliefs.. There is nothing readymade here.. like all the world here also there are people who would advise you without actually understanding your goals, circumstances and constraints.. so beware..
  • KevinShelwood1
    KevinShelwood1 Posts: 4 Member
    Stay consistent. I’ve had my times of being consistent and seeing while feeling my results. Then I’ve had the times of just getting out of the routine. Grow to love it and you’ll be fine. Just keep in your mind it won’t happen over night, but it’ll never happen if you’re not trying.
  • LakeCountyDiver
    LakeCountyDiver Posts: 50 Member
    Simple just do it. Log EVERYTHING. Every food and drink. Read all labels and make good choices. Lot and lots and lots and lots of water...... Then drink water.

If you have $15 buy a food scale and weigh everything. Long your food intake and stay within your calorie goals. It works so well.

Give it 2 weeks before you start to see real results on the scale with your weight. Not like or cheat because you only like and cheat yourself. No matter how much you hide it the scale knows. (Little *kitten* knows everything). Expect 1-2 lbs a week but not every week. Also weigh yourself every week at the same time on an empty stomach and remember that pee/poop can weigh a few pounds so don't freak if you show one pound up. Over the weeks you will see a downward trend.
  • Humadog21
    Humadog21 Posts: 1,601 Member
    Good Luck you got this! Consistency is the main thing that yields results. I’m starting back up again so I’m here for motivation and support as well! Crush those goals!