Confused

Options
Hi all, im really confused as how to split my macros into meals.Im looking to lose 4 stone in total!Ive been doing the keto for 2 weeks now and have lost 12lb but still dont think my macros are correct.How do you manage to cover all bases and still say in your limits? Cheers

Replies

• Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    12lbs in 2 weeks :(:o dont believe this
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    give me ur receipes pls
  • perksy1979
    perksy1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

12lbs in 2 weeks :(:o dont believe this

What dont u believe lol
  • perksy1979
    perksy1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trust MFP, trust their calculation. Supply your specifics and MFP will do the rest. I know how it feels, there is so much info out there and everyone knows better. Since you are here already, put your trust into MFP and there is also good, qualified advice as well. Hang in there for a couple of months, make small changes for a healthier life style, prepare a daily meal plan, take it day by day, meal by meal. About 300 days gone, lost so far about 27 kg (59 pounds or 4.25 stones and much more to go...

Well done!..How long have you been on keto? Do you exercise at all??
  • LakeCountyDiver
    LakeCountyDiver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Trust MFP, they know what they are doing. It has worked for me several times over the years. Every time I stop logging I end up over eating and the weight goes back on.

I've been loosing 5lb a week for 5 weeks. Burn more than you consume and the weight falls off. I've done Keto (true keto) not just LCHF but I can never stay with it. Too many good healthy food you can't eat because your carb limitations.
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    @camanishmittal on Keto there's often quite a dramatic drop in water weight at the beginning. It balances out later to a more normal rate of loss (1-2lbs per week).

Yup I did it for 10 days and lost 10lbs. I was at around 1025 calories per day with no exercise. Most of it was water as when I started eating more calories (1400) I gained 2 lbs back but still kept most of it off.

Amazing.. is it healthy.. I mean they say more than 2 lb per week is dangerous
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    @camanishmittal on Keto there's often quite a dramatic drop in water weight at the beginning. It balances out later to a more normal rate of loss (1-2lbs per week).

Yup I did it for 10 days and lost 10lbs. I was at around 1025 calories per day with no exercise. Most of it was water as when I started eating more calories (1400) I gained 2 lbs back but still kept most of it off.

It's highly motivational but I m scared to go t that depth
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don't look at macros by meal but over the day. some meals are higher protein other higher fat.

1025 is seriously undereating. glad you went up to 1400cals per day.
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Amazing.. is it healthy.. I mean they say more than 2 lb per week is dangerous

You really can't make any determinations in the first few weeks of dieting as you will lose faster dropping water weight and you're eating less so you have less food and inherent waste in your system...after the first few weeks, it should level off to a "normal" rate of loss...if it doesn't, then you just up your calories. Your starting weight will also determine what is a healthy rate of loss for you individually. Someone who is morbidly obese can lose weight very quickly for awhile and be safe because they have tremendous fat stores for energy...someone trying to lose 20 Lbs of vanity weight, not so much.

Ya that's true..
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    perksy1979 wrote: »
    Hi all, im really confused as how to split my macros into meals.Im looking to lose 4 stone in total!Ive been doing the keto for 2 weeks now and have lost 12lb but still dont think my macros are correct.How do you manage to cover all bases and still say in your limits? Cheers

How you split your macros up throughout the day is really personal preference. You can play around with it to find what you need to fill you up, and just to make your meals enjoyable. The key to actually losing weight is the calorie deficit, macros can make sticking to that deficit easier or tougher, and different things work for different people.

Just so you don't get disappointed - you should not expect that weight loss pace to continue. It probably included a fair amount of water weight, which is typical when you drastically limit carbs. How much you should lose per week is based on how overweight you are, but generally most people are in the neighborhood of 1 lb per week, give or take a half-a-lb. Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    perksy1979 wrote: »

How you split your macros up throughout the day is really personal preference. You can play around with it to find what you need to fill you up, and just to make your meals enjoyable. The key to actually losing weight is the calorie deficit, macros can make sticking to that deficit easier or tougher, and different things work for different people.

Just so you don't get disappointed - you should not expect that weight loss pace to continue. It probably included a fair amount of water weight, which is typical when you drastically limit carbs. How much you should lose per week is based on how overweight you are, but generally most people are in the neighborhood of 1 lb per week, give or take a half-a-lb. Good luck!

I'd add that close to your personal desired macro totals is fine, if improving your nutrition is a goal in addition to just weight loss: You don't have to hit them absolutely exactly every day. And you can gradually remodel your eating to work toward them, at first. If you weren't malnourished when you started (as you probably weren't ;) ), you can work incrementally at getting them dialed in where you want them, over a few weeks or so, even.