Tweaked my knee while skiing

Worst ski accident in 30 years. Could have been worse, but I need to give my knee a rest for a few days. I go stir crazy without a workout! Any suggestions on upper body cardio?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Sorry about your knee :(

Can't think of anything cardiovascular that is upper body only, but what about lifting weights?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Oh noooo
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    O No! Such a fear of mine! Love skiing and wouldn't want anything to come in the way of that. But years ago did have problems with my knees (not from skiing) and was able to ease back into it with cycling and aquafit. Would aquafit be an option for you?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I tweaked my back falling down a hill (cross country, not downhill skiing) so I get it. Have been a lump since Sunday. Just going to wait until it feels better.
  • measurecp
    measurecp Posts: 12 Member
    carakirkey wrote: »
    O No! Such a fear of mine! Love skiing and wouldn't want anything to come in the way of that. But years ago did have problems with my knees (not from skiing) and was able to ease back into it with cycling and aquafit. Would aquafit be an option for you?

I don't think I've heard of aquafit. Is it like aqua aerobics?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Do you have access to battle ropes? Pretty sure you could find some variations that would get your heart pumping with little impact on your knee. Hope you feel better quick!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    measurecp wrote: »
    I don't think I've heard of aquafit. Is it like aqua aerobics?

Yes, it is similar. You can adjust the level of your workout by using water resistance barbells.