Staying on track

Hey guys..i need someone to help me keep motivated mentally & physically. Its the emotional triggers that make me go back to my eating habits.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Without knowing the triggers, people here can give you all the motivation and cheering on they can but only you can really address what's triggering you. Folks will need a little more about what makes you falter to offer any kind of suggestion that might help.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    That avatar picture you have for yourself is worthy of frequent rereading.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    You need to identify those emotional triggers and learn new ways of dealing with them. It can help to feed yourself well (ie, fruits and vegs and plenty of protein, etc.), so that nutrition and low calories aren't one of your stressors, as those can lead to cravings.
  • lonelystaarr
    lonelystaarr Posts: 221 Member
    I can give you all the advice you need but in the end, you have to work out those emotional triggers because I’m assuming they are rooted deep psychologically. What exactly do you mean by your old eating habits? You can eat anything you want while dieting and you are bound to lose weight (assuming you stay in your deficit.) Wishing you the best.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    1. list specific external triggers, not feelings but sights, events, sounds, etc -- whatever is triggering the emotions -- for a week
    2. avoid identified triggers that you can
    3. for a week, list three responses to triggers other than eating you could do. Be creative, silly, or serious with these responses for a week, then eat if you still want to after listing three
    4. act on one of the alternatives from your list the next week when you are triggered instead of eating

You will be reconditioning your responses to triggers.