Where do you do your barbell hipthrusts?

Options
2»

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I do glute bridges right after deadlifting, so I usually just use whatever DL weight I have loaded, lay on the ground facing away from people and go to town.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned aerobic platforms. My gym has a seperate area where classes are held with a bunch of stacks. Sometimes I'll take a few and bring a preloaded barbell or dumbbell into the room and do some thrusts there. I've never done it, but you can also bring two dumbbells, loop a resistance band around them and place them on either side of you if as an alternative to using a regular barbell or EZ bar. I've seen people online doing them with the leg extension machine but I can't imagine the looks I'd get considering the looks I get when doing a normal hip thrust. Smith machines are excellent alternatives according to Bret Contreras, the guy who came up with the hip thrust and many variations.

Yep, I always use two stacked aerobic steps for hip thrusts. I'm too short to use a bench!

That's the way I always did them when I belonged to a gym. Short girl problems!

I do weighted glute bridges at home now because I'm too short for my own bench.