Unable to flush water from my body

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    also drinking a lot of water and not peeing it out can cause big issues too. something called hyponatremia can be deadly. it can happen from too much water but also not enough sodium in your body. your body is made up of a percentage of water.(cant remember the number). you are risking your health trying to do what should NOT be done
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    also drinking a lot of water and not peeing it out can cause big issues too. something called hyponatremia can be deadly. it can happen from too much water but also not enough sodium in your body. your body is made up of a percentage of water.(cant remember the number). you are risking your health trying to do what should NOT be done

60% of body is water i think - a quick Google just told me that women actually have ~55% because we always get the wrong end of the stick in everything.

So yeah.

And true about the drinking too much water thing. 3L is a fair amount of water. More than the "recommended" 2L. There is such thing as too much water.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member

far more likely there is no medical problem and OP has misunderstood the basics about weight loss and/or what the doctor said.

Well of course. :lol:

Just pointing out to her what the words she wrote actually mean. :grin:

• Machka9
    I'll also add this ...
    tanushrin wrote: »
    I am on a ... low sodium diet .... I drink more than 3 lit water some days and I dont go and pee it out as often as I should with that much water.

Please help if anyone knows what can be done.

If you're not consuming salt and yet drinking more than 3 litres of water, you're probably slightly hyponatremic. Salt your next few meals and you should be right.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

far more likely there is no medical problem and OP has misunderstood the basics about weight loss and/or what the doctor said.

Not disagreeing with you - wasn't replying to your post in particular. Just to the topic in general.

OP seems to of disappeared.....
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Oh by the way - I hardly sweat in saunas too. Takes me AGES to sweat. Especially in a dry sauna. In an infrared sauna I tend to sweat quicker but it still takes a good 15 minutes before any sweat breaks out, so don't take lack of sweat in a sauna as a water retention measurement.

This. I just don't sweat. Full stop. I don't sweat in heat. I don't sweat with exertion from hard exercise. Except for my hands and under my breasts, and it's really just barely. I don't sweat. Neither does my daughter.
  • Machka9
    Oh by the way - I hardly sweat in saunas too. Takes me AGES to sweat. Especially in a dry sauna. In an infrared sauna I tend to sweat quicker but it still takes a good 15 minutes before any sweat breaks out, so don't take lack of sweat in a sauna as a water retention measurement.

This. I just don't sweat. Full stop. I don't sweat in heat. I don't sweat with exertion from hard exercise. Except for my hands and under my breasts, and it's really just barely. I don't sweat. Neither does my daughter.

Wait till you hit menopause!

I hardly produced a drop of sweat until about 2-3 years ago. Now I go about soaked half the time.
  • Machka9

Not disagreeing with you - wasn't replying to your post in particular. Just to the topic in general.

OP seems to of disappeared.....

:)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

I hardly produced a drop of sweat until about 2-3 years ago. Now I go about soaked half the time.

I'm 56 and that's all behind me. I never had a drop of sweat with my hot flashes or "night sweats". I just turned bright red.
  • Machka9

I'm 56 and that's all behind me. I never had a drop of sweat with my hot flashes or "night sweats". I just turned bright red.

No sweat would be nice ... bright red, not so much.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

Heh. 90% of my hot flashes were just burning red ears. I have short hair. I looked ridiculous.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member

Same, on average I get a bit of a sheen but the only time I have to like wipe my face or something is if the humidity is also very high.