Surprisingly good sweet tooth snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny Sherbet Cups! 80 cals each! Love them!
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Ice Cream is awesome too!!
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating:
    Slice a banana lengthwise and then each slice in half.
    Spread 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter on all slices.
    Melt 2 squares dark chocolate and pour over banana.
    Savor the chocolate creamy deliciousness.
    Very satisfying.

I need to try this. Bananas + Peanut Butter + Chocolate, sounds amazing.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, 150 cals each.
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Google "Skinny Funfetti Dip" - you're welcome. YUMMMMMMM!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I just do not get WHY??? Why deny yourself?? Why not calculate it into your macros? I guess I am rather perplexed.... (and I managed to lose 138 lbs so far not denying myself)
  • MichelleAymond
    Options
    my 2 go to snacks when i want ice cream or something of the such.....

strawberry sugar free jello, sugar free cheesecake pudding......layer that in a cup with sugar free or fat free cool whip.....(and lay sliced berries in there as well if you'd like)....soooooooo super yummy!!! OR i do the same with sugar free cheesecake pudding and sugar free butterscotch, and cool whip.....mmmmm.....

AND....

thaw a tub of sugar free or fat free cool whip, stir in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips that you've microwaved for like 5 seconds.....refreeze....it's like ice cream! you can do the same with gummy bears ( but don't melt them of course) or m&ms, nuts, whatever....

makes me happy!
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    Hubby and I tried the Jello Rice Pudding "Creme Brulee" - 70 cals and it TASTES AMAZING. I also like the 5cal jello cups - they don't taste funny at all to me like "no sugar added" things sometimes can and hit a sweet tooth plus help fill me up if I'm feeling "snacky" in the evenings. :)
  • khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i know you said no fruits, but seriously dried dates and figs are like candy for me. dates, in particular, are so rich and sticky and sweet i feel downright decadent when i eat them.

Yes! I love dates. Just a couple can satisfy my sweet tooth if I'm not having a raging craving for something specific.
  • Baileysgirl6
    Options
    I used to eat the sf popcicles for 15cals each but got sick of them. I recently found Budget Saver Cherry Pineapple popcicles and love them even though they aren't sf. They are 60 cals each but well worth it to me for an evening sweet.

My other go to snack is 100 calorie packs of Keebler Fudge Stripes...just never enough in 1 pack BUT I won't let myself grab another! LOL

Also lately have been eating the Yoplait 2X Protein Greek yogurt in peach, key lime or lemon flavors. Was thinking about adding in 1/2 of a low fat graham cracker crumbled!
  • EllaQT
    EllaQT Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can freeze the chocolate graham crackers with the low fat or sugar free cool whip for a delicious ice cream sandwich.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Dole has chocolate covered frozen bananas. 4 to a pack. They are yummy and just enough for me.
  • kalyrichmond
    kalyrichmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself a yummy treat when I want one. I just plan ahead for dessert every night. If I don't eat it no harm done and if I indulge I'm covered. Skinny Cow has some yummy treats if you want low cal desserts.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really don't believe in denying yourself either. I always leave room for dessert, and I never feel deprived. I don't think anyone should feel guilty about food ever. I think that goes against everything we're trying to improve. Leave room for whatever you're craving in your calories/macros and party on!
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I LOVE making a concoction that's an ice cream consistency using frozen bananas & vanilla soy milk. You can add 1 T of peanut butter for some extra protein and good fats (I'm currently liking Natural Jif for the better list of ingredients) and I sometimes add 1T ground flaxseed and occasionally add 1 tsp of Hersheys syrup (if we have it in the house).

I also make a smoothie with frozen banana, frozen cherries (pretty inexpensive at Trader Joes) with a 1/2 scoop of Whey Protein powder that my hubby buys at Costco and vanilla soy milk.

The Power Crunch vanilla crème protein bars are like a white chocolate wafer cookie to me.

Or 130 cal mini Oreo snack paks, sugar free pudding cups, fudgesicles, froyo, or lowfat, slow churned ice cream.

So many options out there! I always leave room in my cals for the day for a treat, especially on active days.