Newbie!

Just a newbie saying hi!
After a good few years out of the gym...and a diagnosis of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome III, I am finally back at it. My goal isnt weight focussed...i just want to get stronger as the stronger i get, the better i look and the less pain i seem to feel. My focus is weight training and im at it for an hour, 5 days a week. After 5 months of gyming alone with plans from the internet, Im now with a PT (started this week) and WOW the difference is amazing.
Am trying to get a handle on the balance of energy out and in.....i seem to under-eat a lot...plus I have a few digestive restrictions. Im scared to eat too much....but aware that eating too little is also not great. Lots for me to learn i think!

Replies

• Humadog21
    Humadog21 Posts: 1,601 Member
    This is amazing! Keep crushing it. I think fitness as a therapy is a huge thing a lot of people do but many others haven’t tapped into that yet. It’s always where I can clear my head after I got out of the army and it makes my transition back into the civilian world slot more stress free! Anyways good luck and keep slaying it.
  • K_EDSwarrior
    K_EDSwarrior Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks! Totally agree that the gym is the 1 place where my mind is clear and just focused on the movement. I really miss it on rest days.
    I overheard someone in the gym say this the other day: "If the bar isn't bending, you're just pretending"....made me laugh.... Good Luck to you too!