Does Collagen in your coffee really make a difference?

I have been using Collagen in my coffee for almost a year, and don't really notice any differences. Not sure if it is helping my bones. My skin and nails seem the same.
Seems like Collagen got popular with Keto and Paleo. Just don't know if my money is going down the drain.

Replies

• BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    I used that for over a year a few years ago and noticed absolutely no difference in anything.
  • egbert2016
    egbert2016 Posts: 37 Member
    After a month of using it, my hairdresser noticed that I had a bunch of new hair growth on my head. Her comment was unsolicited and I hadn't told her anything about the collagen. I have kept using it because I figure it's probably doing some good on the inside too.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    My hair and nails are growing faster, but I take hair, skin, and nail vitamins as well. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    nygr8guy wrote: »
    I have been using Collagen in my coffee for almost a year, and don't really notice any differences. Not sure if it is helping my bones. My skin and nails seem the same.
    Seems like Collagen got popular with Keto and Paleo. Just don't know if my money is going down the drain.

100% effective in this regard.

Collagen you ingest does not translate into increased collagen production. Eating a steak would have greater impact.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited January 2019
    I think you may benefit by bookmarking this site.
    https://examine.com
    Unbiased reviews and research links.

Cheers, h.